The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Freshers week wristbands

Hi I was just wondering what would be the best wristband to get for freshers week and where to get it from. I'm mainly looking at the all inclusive one from the student union for £80 or the one on eventbrite for £45 , they seem similar but wondering what the major differences are between them and if the eventbrite one includes the freshers ball, thanks!
Reply 1
I think the main difference is that the events included with the SU band are only held at the SU club, whereas the eventbrite ones are hosted at a range of private clubs! The eventbrite one won't include the freshers ball because its not associated with the uni and the ball is the SU's event, however they do have a masquerade ball (with special guests) which I guess is their equivalent? Personally I've gone for the eventbrite one because thats what most of my flatmates wanted to do, so if you know your accommodation stuff try find some of your flatmates and see what they think!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by DanDaltrey
Hi I was just wondering what would be the best wristband to get for freshers week and where to get it from. I'm mainly looking at the all inclusive one from the student union for £80 or the one on eventbrite for £45 , they seem similar but wondering what the major differences are between them and if the eventbrite one includes the freshers ball, thanks!

That all inclusive wristband looks like a scam imo, it's the same as the budget one but you get a T-shirt, a boiler suit and some paint.

CSU do a budget wristband for £45, the only thing that is missing that I would want is a ticket to the ball (which costs £25.)

I think I'm just going to buy the budget one and grab a shirt and some jeans from Primark for the UV party.
Reply 3
Do we need to get the freshers wristband to get into events? Would you be able to get in by queuing?
Reply 4
Original post by staceeym
Do we need to get the freshers wristband to get into events? Would you be able to get in by queuing?

I'm curious to find this out too! Surely you can still go to things without forking out for the wristbands?
Reply 5
That's what I was hoping, I doubt I'd be out everynight so it'd just be a waste of money!
Original post by Quilt
I'm curious to find this out too! Surely you can still go to things without forking out for the wristbands?

Depends on the club and how big it was. I know for more popular ones, they wouldnt let people in without tickets/wristbands as there was a max capacity. They'll prob have some tickets at the door but once they are sold, then no one else can come in. So either check with the clubs website or queue up early if you dont want the wristband.

Original post by Akcrow
That's what I was hoping, I doubt I'd be out everynight so it'd just be a waste of money!

Yeah if you're gonna go out for something 3 days or more than I'd recommend getting the wristband. It saves you having to queue or queue for long and plus you dont have to pay entry fee to every club. It can work out cheaper if you're the type to shift between clubs in a night. Otherwise I imagine entry fees will be higher than usual in freshers week.
Reply 7
When does this freshers week start
Reply 8
Original post by Issasalem
When does this freshers week start

20/ 21st September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending