The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Any Biomedical Science Students?

Hi! just wondering if anyone is Biomedical science as well and is staying in Victoria Hall?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im doing BioMed! WOOOO ...
i don't have accommodation atm
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi i was thinking of applying for biomed next year and I'm currently writing my personal statement :/ It is heavily based on disease such as ebola and the unpredictability of disease as well as all the other stuff. Is that suitable when applying for biomed or will they think ill looking at the wrong course :smile:

Thanks xx
Reply 3
Original post by emily132
Hi i was thinking of applying for biomed next year and I'm currently writing my personal statement :/ It is heavily based on disease such as ebola and the unpredictability of disease as well as all the other stuff. Is that suitable when applying for biomed or will they think ill looking at the wrong course :smile:

Thanks xx

I would say don't have half of your statement just based on those diseases. Just say that 'the unpredictability of diseases is what interests me the most like the recent ebola outbreak". Mostly explain why you want to do biomed and what you would want out of this degree. I would say look at some sample biomedical personal statement to help you build the structure and form. That really helps a lot.
Reply 4
Original post by Deepti12
I would say don't have half of your statement just based on those diseases. Just say that 'the unpredictability of diseases is what interests me the most like the recent ebola outbreak". Mostly explain why you want to do biomed and what you would want out of this degree. I would say look at some sample biomedical personal statement to help you build the structure and form. That really helps a lot.

Thanks i was just writing about ebola because a read a book which had a bit in it and i also went to a lecture about it, i was only going to include because of the extra things i did:smile: is that ok?
Reply 5
Original post by emily132
Thanks i was just writing about ebola because a read a book which had a bit in it and i also went to a lecture about it, i was only going to include because of the extra things i did:smile: is that ok?

Oh! thats fine then you can include that! Just be like i read that book and went to a lecture about ebola which "has further reinforced my desire to pursue a future in the field ofbiomedical science" or something similar to that :smile:
Reply 6
Oh! thats fine then you can include that! Just be like i read that book and went to a lecture about ebola which "has further reinforced my desire to pursue a future in the field ofbiomedical science" or something similar to that :smile:

thank you so much I've been so worried, i sent you a pm as well sorry i really need help :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Sonia.r
Im doing BioMed! WOOOO ...
i don't have accommodation atm

Yay!! Was coventry your second choice? Because it was my insurance and my accommodation is still being sorted!
Reply 8
Yay!! Was coventry your second choice? Because it was my insurance and my accommodation is still being sorted!

Aha no :P Im a clearing baby :P
Looking forward to it? It'll be good to know somebody before I get there :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Sonia.r
Aha no :P Im a clearing baby :P
Looking forward to it? It'll be good to know somebody before I get there :smile:

My mentality was like "I am fine as long as get into uni". Kinda looking forward to it but nervous about leaving home 😓 Are you looking forward?
Reply 10
My mentality was like "I am fine as long as get into uni". Kinda looking forward to it but nervous about leaving home 😓 Are you looking forward?

Yeah,Im looking forward to leaving home :biggrin: Term starts 21st right? Does ur accommodation tell u when to move in?
Reply 11
Original post by Sonia.r
Yeah,Im looking forward to leaving home :biggrin: Term starts 21st right? Does ur accommodation tell u when to move in?

I don't even know!! MY accommodation is still getting sorted! But I think we are suppose to move in either the 19th or the 20th. I think thats when the fresher week starts?
Reply 12
I don't even know!! MY accommodation is still getting sorted! But I think we are suppose to move in either the 19th or the 20th. I think thats when the fresher week starts?

Hehehe me too :h:
Theres not a lot of details going around is there :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by Sonia.r
Hehehe me too :h:
Theres not a lot of details going around is there :s-smilie:

Nope, I had to search the whole web for info! NO info about fresher week , the move in date or anything. I haven't even been given info wether my accommodation has accepted or not. DO you know where you are staying btw?
Reply 14
Nope, I had to search the whole web for info! NO info about fresher week , the move in date or anything. I haven't even been given info wether my accommodation has accepted or not. DO you know where you are staying btw?

Nope im waiting for accommodation too, but dw im sure we'll here back by next weekish :/
Reply 15
Original post by Sonia.r
Nope im waiting for accommodation too, but dw im sure we'll here back by next weekish :/

what accommodation did you apply to btw?
I'm doing Biomedical Science :smile:
I'm also doing Biomedical Science! :biggrin:
Reply 18
I didnt get accommodation in the end! So now im looking into one of the futurelet places :frown:

[QUOTEI]what accommodation did you apply to btw?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by elliehall
I'm also doing Biomedical Science! :biggrin:

HI!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending