The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know how many applicants Birmingham had this year?
Reply 61
Original post by r p
I'd say the first interview invites will go out first week of November! Birmingham is usually very quick, gives out first offers around 17th December

Do you know when the interviews will be then? Late November? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by kf2598
Do you know when the interviews will be then? Late November? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're in the first week of December this year :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Ghotay
They're in the first week of December this year :smile:

Are all of the interviews at that time?
Reply 64
Original post by Jack354
Are all of the interviews at that time?

Good point. The majority of interviews are actually in the second round, which starts in late Jan and goes through most of Feb. So don't panic :wink:
Original post by dancinglove
Has anyone else got an email from Birmingham saying "your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has now been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration."? Does anyone know what that actually means?

I'm guessing I meet the minimum requirements, so now they're waiting for my UKCAT to rank me?

I got that too... I'm guessing it's the 4 As at AS stage but idk...
Reply 66
Original post by HarryAgo6
I got that too... I'm guessing it's the 4 As at AS stage but idk...

I got that email too, but im worried that my somewhat low ukcat, 692.5 might weaken my application at that stage...
Original post by Jack354
I got that email too, but im worried that my somewhat low ukcat, 692.5 might weaken my application at that stage...

Got that email 2 weeks ago
Reply 68
Anyone emailed to ask how many applications received for A100 2016 entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jack354

Birmingham uses a balance of GCSE and UCKAT so with strong GCSEs you'll be fine. How many points did you get in GCSE for their system?
Reply 70
Original post by HarryAgo6
Birmingham uses a balance of GCSE and UCKAT so with strong GCSEs you'll be fine. How many points did you get in GCSE for their system?

Ive got 9 A*s and 3 As at gcse, with As in english language and maths, but A*s in english lit, bio, chem, physics and all other subjects. I don't know how to work out how many points I get?
Original post by Jack354
Ive got 9 A*s and 3 As at gcse, with As in english language and maths, but A*s in english lit, bio, chem, physics and all other subjects. I don't know how to work out how many points I get?

Hi. Hope this helps.

The subjects that will be scored are: English (both English Language and English Literature), Mathematics (or one, but not both, of Methods in Mathematics and Applications of Mathematics), Science (either, both of Biology and Chemistry or Double Award Science), plus two additional GCSEs (any subject).For the subjects specified above, a minimum grade of B must be offered. It is expected that the scores allocated to the different grades will be in the ratio of 4:2:1 (for A*, A, B, respectively). For each of the two unspecified subjects, a score of 2 will be allocated when an A* grade has been obtained (lower grades will not receive a score).
How many weeks is the course?
Hey guys I come from an international school and we only got to take 6 gcses and I got 5A* and 1A.
But at AS I got 7As and I'm predicted 5A*s and 2As at A2. My UKCAT was okay 748.

Do you think I have a chance?

Btw is anyone else doing edexcel M5 this year?
Finally got the second email from Birmingham!! Whoooooop XD :lol:
Original post by thechemistress
Finally got the second email from Birmingham!! Whoooooop XD :lol:

Saying? The acknowledgement email right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
Saying? The acknowledgement email right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the one after the acknowledgement email- the one saying that my application is being considered further or something:

image.png
Original post by thechemistress
No, the one after the acknowledgement email- the one saying that my application is being considered further or something:

image.png

Oh, right.
Wait. I received this last week. I thought this was meant to be the acknowledgement email. Should I be worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
Oh, right.
Wait. I received this last week. I thought this was meant to be the acknowledgement email. Should I be worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sure? Screenshot it XD I've not heard of anybody getting the second one before the first. This is my first one:

image.png
i got one saying that my application was still being reviewed after the one saying that it had been passed to the admissions tutor for further consideration . Are they trying to tell me something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending