The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Temporary Shared Room at Hawthorns Halls- help!

Hi there,

I am a first year student starting in Sept! I had just had an accomodation offer of a temporary shared room in Hawthorns as clearly they don't have enough accomodation.

Has anyone else been offered the same thing? I don't really understand what temporary means as the time scale could be anything I suppose.

I also don't know whether to decline it and try and get another offer as I would prefer my own room however I'm not sure whether I would get another offer!!

Many thanks,
James
Hi @JamesMurphy96

I've spoken to our accommodation team - usually the timescale for shared rooms does not last longer than 2 months, often you will be able to move into a single room earlier as rooms become available.

Please note that if a shared room has been offered, it means there are no single rooms left so if you decline the offer you would have to apply again, and rejoin our waiting list. I know this isn't ideal, but hope it helps explain.

Further information can be found here: http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/newstudents/howtoapply/temporarysharedaccommodation/

Let me know if you need any further help,

Alistair
(Marketing and Comms)
(edited 8 years ago)
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Hi James I've been offered the same thing in Hawthorns Hall and accepted it, at least the rooms half price. Also I don't suppose your in Block R? cheers Zak
Hi

I shared a room temporarily in my first year and it was only for two weeks. My neighbours also only shared for a week and a half and my friends in another block only for just over two weeks. I've never heard of anyone sharing for months though as they try and separate you as soon as possible. You'll have your own room on campus in no time :biggrin:

Quite a lot of rooms get vacated in the first couple of weeks I moved into a room down the hall because the student who originally had the room decided to leave uni and my neighbour moved into a room because the previous occupant wanted to live off campus.

Sharing wasn't too bad our room was really big and had a bunk bed and we stayed friends after separating. One thing I would recommend though if you take the offer is to agree with your roommate to do a fair coin toss or something to decide who gets to stay in the shared room.

Hope this helped

Samera
Second year pharmacy student at Keele :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah I received a temporary shared room in block o room 002 as well and although it will be hard to get everything up to keele as you can only take minimum things I just see it as an easy way to meet a good mate for uni life. Also the wait won't be too long and as stated by Zak before the room is half price while you wait. - Daniel
Thank you for your responses!

I have actually had a new offer of accommodation for a single room in Hawthorns! So might bump into you lot at some point lol!
Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest