The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let him cool down. You might have thought you were behaving ok, but you were really drunk. Perhaps you did embarrass him.
I think he was a bit out of order, if you wern't doing anything how can you be embarrasing? however maybe the fight was unneccicery. Give him a couple of days, he sounds angry and is probally as confused as you, why don't you go over to his this afternoon or somehting, apologise and aks whats up, becuase it soudns like there might be an underlying problem
Reply 3
No, he left me at the party myself. He walked home and I chased him and asked him to please not be like that and he wouldn't listen. :frown:
Reply 4
Anonymous
I think he was a bit out of order, if you wern't doing anything how can you be embarrasing? however maybe the fight was unneccicery. Give him a couple of days, he sounds angry and is probally as confused as you, why don't you go over to his this afternoon or somehting, apologise and aks whats up, becuase it soudns like there might be an underlying problem

People normally forget the stupid things they do.

Maybe he wanted to dump you and found this moment the easist for him.

Speak to him, in person
Maybe give it some time for him to calm down and then see, but be prepared that it may not be fixable.
Reply 6
But I haven't done anything :confused:. I told him I'll just sit and not drink or anything and then he went away.
Sounds like a scenario that occurs 100000000 times each Friday night.

It'll be OK.
Reply 8
Wow. 100000000 times, you say? :p:
Reply 9
HeadShock
Maybe he wanted to dump you and found this moment the easist for him

I think however nasty this might feel to consider, that's a real possibility. People are essentially cowards - if you really are genuinely feeling bewildered about what you did wrong then maybe you didn't do anything. Maybe he just wanted out and you being drunk gave him the perfect excuse to make a big scene and dump you, without ever having to let on that he's been having doubts. He quite possibly thinks this is a kinder thing to do - perhaps this is misguided but that's rather a matter of opinion. The fact that he wouldn't even listen to you trying to say sorry and change your behaviour makes this more likely in my mind but it's by no means definite, just an idea. We don't know him so we can't tell you if it's very out of character for him to argue with you and stomp off in a huff. The only way you're going to find out is by going round to see him face to face, if he's insisting on ignoring your calls.

Of course it could just have been the drink talking on his side as well and now that he realises what an idiot he's been this morning he's too embarrassed to talk to you. So it may be an idea to let him simmer for a little bit and realise that you didn't do anything too bad and you would both do well just to apologise and move on but ultimately this idea also involves you going round to see him to make up. Hope you get it sorted out!
Reply 10
I think if he wanted to make it up with you he'd have probably answered your calls or called you this morning to say that it was out of order and hes sorry.

I suppose it depends on the kind of relationship you have, my two mates at uni that are together have an argument nearly every night but its always sorted out by the next morning :s-smilie:
i'd just dump a girl that got drunk in my presence. No need for it
Daveinnorfolk
i'd just dump a girl that got drunk in my presence. No need for it

Similarly minded.....i wouldnt dump right out tho. Getting ridiculously drunk is embarassing and unnessesary too.
Reply 13
lol and you both have never got really drunk?
Nearly died once cos of drink.
Not worth it
nope i haven't. im tee total :d
Reply 16
Lol thats too funny, one abused it the other doesnt touch it :rofl:
Reply 17
..and thats why i never drink :biggrin:
Sounds like a bit of a prat really I mean it's understandable to maybe get annoyed and stuff but unless you did something really unforgivable while you were drunk he has no reason to act so stand-offish. I guess the best thing is to give him some space realise he's in the wrong and stuff so kinda show consideration without being too persistant I reckon.
Hope it helps
Reply 19
g2da3
..and thats why i never drink :biggrin:
i thought you had left:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending