The Student Room Group

Retake Physics or not???

Hey, last year i did OCR physics AS self taught while studying my other subjects at college, and for A2 i am studying physics at my col where they do Edexcel. There are differences between the exam boards, and was allowed to transfer to it. However i got an A, but just, 244 UMS and i NEED an A for my uni offer. I did unit 4 in jan, but messed up a bit (stupid mistakes), so hopefully got 85+% or something.
I would like to retake AS units, but to do so i'd have to retake all units on edexcel and get that result. (i wouldnt keep the highest).
So is it worth retaking all AS, with a risk of doing worse while having to do 5 physics exams in june, or risk not retaking and hoping the low raw mark to ums conversion likely for Units 5 and 6, will allow me to get an overall A??
Reply 1
I don't think you can get the right advice here. Only you know how good you are and how important it is to you.
Lil_J
Hey, last year i did OCR physics AS self taught while studying my other subjects at college, and for A2 i am studying physics at my col where they do Edexcel. There are differences between the exam boards, and was allowed to transfer to it. However i got an A, but just, 244 UMS and i NEED an A for my uni offer. I did unit 4 in jan, but messed up a bit (stupid mistakes), so hopefully got 85+% or something.
I would like to retake AS units, but to do so i'd have to retake all units on edexcel and get that result. (i wouldnt keep the highest).
So is it worth retaking all AS, with a risk of doing worse while having to do 5 physics exams in june, or risk not retaking and hoping the low raw mark to ums conversion likely for Units 5 and 6, will allow me to get an overall A??

If you are currently at the grade you want then best to stick with it I reckon. If you're already on for an A, albeit only just, then best to use the time you would have spent revising on resits improving your A2 modules and getting the A that way. You're really not in a bad position, and if you did get 85%+ in unit 4 there really is no reason to retake! Resitting could just hurt your performance in the summer. Thats just my opinion though, it's up to you of course.

Latest