The Student Room Group

LSE MSc Finance/Finance and Private Equity/ Oxford MBA from Big 4 ACCA

Morning,

I find myself in a peculiar situation of having strong academics but no academic qualifications.

In short I joined the Big 4 in London within corporate finance at 18 with 10 A*/A's at GCS and A*AA at A Level.

Now at 21 I am due to complete my ACCA (first time passes to date) and the Oxford Brookes Degree you get in conjunction (1st Class).

My longer term target is to work in Private Equity in emerging markets (where I have recently moved) but don't fit the academic profile despite having a few years of corporate finance experience.

I would therefore like to complete a year long postgrad program (2017 entry) from a top school to tick the academics box which may close doors in the near future.

I would ideally like to complete an MBA from a top 10 school but find this may not be possible due the level of competition with Ivy/Oxbrige/1st's with exception to Oxford who are open to looking at applicants without an undergraduate degree.

Another much favoured option would be LSE Msc Finance but I do not have the requisite undergraduate profile.

My question thus is twofold:

a) will my academics and work experience to date be sufficient to make a strong application to either

b) if no to a) what should I be doing in the next c.2 years to get a place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending