The Student Room Group

Maths Re-mark - A2

Soo I got a B in maths, which sucks. I am 12 ums from the magical 480. So I was wondering if it was worth re-marking both my C3 and C4 modules to get the A. I got 73 and 75 respectively. What do you guys think? Previous experiences would also be appreciated!
Original post by twinkletoes16
Soo I got a B in maths, which sucks. I am 12 ums from the magical 480. So I was wondering if it was worth re-marking both my C3 and C4 modules to get the A. I got 73 and 75 respectively. What do you guys think? Previous experiences would also be appreciated!

Hi there,

From experience, remarks are so unpredictable. The way I did it was order my transcript from the exam, showed it to my subject teacher and he gave me a clear idea of whether the marker was being harsh than they should of been. Luckily in my paper, I was harshly marked and given a few points extra that brought me to a C.

This will give you a better understanding - all of my college friends who just put in for a remark, only a few went up by a few ums points and lots actually decreased taking them from a high B to mid B.

It's very unlikely you'll lose your C's and go down to D's - unless the marker was asleep when they marked your paper.

But if money is an issue having both transcripts - definitely just go for a remark!
:smile:

Hope this helps,
- Kath :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest