The Student Room Group

Remarking an entire class' coursework

My friends received their ICT results and they were unhappy with their coursework mark which was considerably lower than they expected (two of the three got 53 out of 80, when it had been marked as pretty much 100% perfect), one of them went to our teacher and was told that he was also upset and is putting us all in for a coursework remark.

However, I then went to collect my results and my coursework mark was 64 and my total UMS was 182 meaning I received a B overall, which I'm happy about. However, the grade boundary was at 180 for a C so I don't want my coursework mark to be lowered and I then receive a C grade.

I was just wondering a few things. How likely is it that the coursework mark will go down? When are remarks requested? Could I not just keep the grade I received on Results Day?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by TheLooseSeal
My friends received their ICT results and they were unhappy with their coursework mark which was considerably lower than they expected (two of the three got 53 out of 80, when it had been marked as pretty much 100% perfect), one of them went to our teacher and was told that he was also upset and is putting us all in for a coursework remark.

However, I then went to collect my results and my coursework mark was 64 and my total UMS was 182 meaning I received a B overall, which I'm happy about. However, the grade boundary was at 180 for a C so I don't want my coursework mark to be lowered and I then receive a C grade.

I was just wondering a few things. How likely is it that the coursework mark will go down? When are remarks requested? Could I not just keep the grade I received on Results Day?

If coursework is re-moderated then the overall grade cannot go down. The marks can go down for carrying forward but the grades will not.

Quick Reply

Latest