The Student Room Group

How do you feel about your GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kyle1198
Lol not worth it, I got 7 UMS into the B (287) category and it's something like 320 for an A. My a level will supersede it though so it's okay :smile:
And really? What made you remark?

I was miles away from an A :"] But I just knew the exam went well and I did obviously thoroughly revise for it not just the night before so I did sense a bit of weirdness so I sent it for a remark. :h:
Reply 61
so much better than i couldve imagined! my friends were even more shocked than me. 2A*s, 7As and 1B which was in maths and this is the only grade i am upset about as i worked very hard to try and achieve an A.
Original post by bassbabe
I passed all of them, could've done better but overall I'm not that bothered lol

same hahaha
I got 52 A*s and 1 a. I am worried about the 1 a. Will I still get into oxford??/?!?!?!£ ?!£4
I got 8 A*s and 2 As, I'm so happy! :smile:
I did better than I expected to with 5 A*'s and 7 A's although I know I did very little work towards them so cannot help but think what if I had tried harder. However this does not matter as I can do all the A levels I want to which was my goal!
i feel really good.... i got the best in my family and i truly think i got what i deserved based on my effort. Can't complain really. I wanted to get the highest in the year, i don't know if i have but i did my personal best and there'll always be that person who tried even harder and did even better.
I hope everyone got what they deserved as well :smile: (I got 6 A* 3 A 1 merit 1 C)
Original post by Paisley99
i feel really good.... i got the best in my family and i truly think i got what i deserved based on my effort. Can't complain really. I wanted to get the highest in the year, i don't know if i have but i did my personal best and there'll always be that person who tried even harder and did even better.
I hope everyone got what they deserved as well :smile: (I got 6 A* 3 A 1 merit 1 C)

Well done! Seriously, good on you. Your results are fantastic!
I got a D in maths people are saying it is a pass and I don't have to retake, is it true? I am so disappointed as I was expecting a B
Original post by Perfect838
I got a D in maths people are saying it is a pass and I don't have to retake, is it true? I am so disappointed as I was expecting a B

I'm pretty sure that a D is TECHNICALLY a pass, but most people don't consider it so, especially at GCSEs. But I think that you are required by law to retake it until you get a C.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shadoo
excellent where it mattered fairly dissappointed where it didnt B in english language

I got 8A* 2As ...
And a horrible B in eng Lang as well :angry:
But I'm 5 UMS off an A should I get it remarked?
I got 3A*'s, 2A's, 5B's and 1C :biggrin:
I got 3 A's, 3 B's and a C.
Im over the ****ing moon because i got the C in english and prior to that i'd only ever got 1 C and the rest U's, im god awful at it. I was so surprised because some people who consistantly got C's failed and got D's:/ i was dissapointed with 2 of my B's, i got a B in maths and i was 9 marks off an A with i guess is a lot? And for some reason i managed to get a B in biology yet A's in physics and chemistry😂 when everyone else got worse in physics and chemistry and smashed biology. Oh well, nobody will care about them once i get my A Levels:smile:
Overrall, happy. And gladly, so are my parents. Woo:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fyrestrix
ok first happy for your achievement but please calm down its only GCSE.
My cousin got the same grades as you in fact 2 extra A*s than you and she got two Ds and two Cs for A level. Just saying A level ain't as easy as GCSE but since your smart you already know that. xD

Dude wtf
Just 'cause I got high grades does not mean I am not allowed to be happy about them
If I had just done A levels I would be tying in all caps
I do not think 'feeling awesome' constitutes an over the top sense of excitement
And so what if your cousin got better grades
The 11 A*s and 1 Distinctions I got were all the gcses that were available at my school
I know that A level isn't a ****ing cakewalk but that doesn't mean I can't be ****ing happy with my achievement now
I hate the double standard on the student room at the moment if I had Just said I was feeling awesome with 2 A*s and 7 Bs you would be saying 'congratulations! You did so well!' but just because I achieved above average you automatically assume I'm ****ing boasting
AND IT WAS A THREAD FOR POSTING RESULTS I DIDN'T REALISE I WASN'T ALLOWED TO
12A*s :smile: am utterly overjoyed!! I was predicted lower (8A*s 4As) so I'm pretty pleased. Especially with french (I'd only got Bs and Cs in practice papers and was told that I would probably get a C a week before the exam :/ ) This is like all my dreaming come true!!
I got 5A* 6A 3B... I'm sending some for remarks, tbh I'm a bit disappointed and I'm scared that I've limited my university opportunities...
Original post by Gogregg
I did so much better than I expected!
I got 1 B, 3 A's, 6A*'s and 1 A^

I'm a tad disappointed in my B (drama) because I ended up getting a D in the theory, so I might get it remarked, but I am absolutely ecstatic about the rest of my grades, I got an A* in one of my English Literature papers, when I was expecting a B (got an A overall), and I got the top grade in Further Maths, which my teacher predicted me, but I wasn't so sure I'd get it when coming out, so I am very happy with that!

Great grades! Particularly the A^ :wink:
Reply 77
Original post by Ishea16
I got 8A* 2As ...
And a horrible B in eng Lang as well :angry:
But I'm 5 UMS off an A should I get it remarked?

maybe if you know what you written was worth more than a B
10a* and a^ in further maths. so relieved. and amazingly the subjects i was most worried for i got full ums in
Original post by Rainbowhorror01
Dude wtf
Just 'cause I got high grades does not mean I am not allowed to be happy about them
If I had just done A levels I would be tying in all caps
I do not think 'feeling awesome' constitutes an over the top sense of excitement
And so what if your cousin got better grades
The 11 A*s and 1 Distinctions I got were all the gcses that were available at my school
I know that A level isn't a ****ing cakewalk but that doesn't mean I can't be ****ing happy with my achievement now
I hate the double standard on the student room at the moment if I had Just said I was feeling awesome with 2 A*s and 7 Bs you would be saying 'congratulations! You did so well!' but just because I achieved above average you automatically assume I'm ****ing boasting
AND IT WAS A THREAD FOR POSTING RESULTS I DIDN'T REALISE I WASN'T ALLOWED TO

Right previously on my thread I was going to write that I am not offending you in any sort of way. So please don't be mad. Also I am actually quite happy for the fact that you mention to me about "feeling awesome" even though you continue to go on and swear about how A level isn't a cakewalk. Look chill. You got these results and you should be happy about them rather than chatting to people online and swearing at them because they are jealous etc. Also I don't assume your boasting but most people on TSR do.
Anyway before you "chat back and continue to swear at me let me just say this.
Its your life and these grades are just one step further to help you reach your goals and I know that everyone sets respective goals for themselves.
You achieved well ok but most people don't care and don't need any input on other people such as yourself.

Anyway if you still thinking that I am being rude, continue to "back chat". If not then your a great person xD.
PS I am having a laugh about reading your statement
PSS: Have a great day and hope your family is proud of you
PSSS: What you doing for A level

Quick Reply

Latest