The Student Room Group

How do you feel about your GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

6 B's
2 A's
2 C's
Original post by DaVinciGirl
I was in shock. I did way better than what I expected. I got 8A*, 2A and B. I expected like 5A*, so I was so happy when I opened my results. My head of house was jumping up and down, I swear she was more happy than me. It was a great experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :biggrin:
I only took two this year. (Science and English Lit)
But I was in a range of emotions, shock, disappointment, happiness and confusion.
I wanted max A* in Science, min B (Although I really wanted A) I only achieved B :frown: (Disappointing, as I thought I did really well in the exams, however I've still got Add Science to make up for it)

For English Lit, All I wanted was to pass but I achieved A (I don't even know how that happened because I was doing horribly throughout the year and I thought I failed my exams)
Original post by money-for-all
1 A*
4 A
4 B

Is that good or just okay.... ?

Okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have got a questions. When we resit exam for example English in November do we get the same paper or a different paper?
Obviously a different paper, it won't be fair otherwise as you would have already seen the paper and some teachers or students may have leaked the paper online

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did well! 10 A*s and 2 A's. A"s were in English Lang and Music
Original post by Miapham09
I did well! 10 A*s and 2 A's. A"s were in English Lang and Music

Wow those are amazing results. What are you studying for a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by monkeyboy18000
Wow those are amazing results. What are you studying for a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History, hoping to do medicine!
I ended up cutting myself last night because of them. I hated what I got.
Original post by TheEccentric

Oh give me a break, your posts have really irritated me. Yes it's okay to be disappointed if you were expecting different results but what you got is more than enough to get you into sixth form, uni etc. Stop making such a big deal when some people don't even have the opportunity to have an education, or have ever picked up a pen. So ungrateful.
Original post by lyseden
Oh give me a break, your posts have really irritated me. Yes it's okay to be disappointed if you were expecting different results but what you got is more than enough to get you into sixth form, uni etc. Stop making such a big deal when some people don't even have the opportunity to have an education, or have ever picked up a pen. So ungrateful.

What's your problem? Let him say what he wants to say. Maybe he cares about his education a lot and it's his way of venting out his problems. Mind your own business. If someone is self harming themselves, you should use your head and try and make them feel better, not putting them down!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lyseden

I'm sorry
Original post by TheEccentric

Don't be doing that... Bad for your health and people look at you like your mental believe me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is completely off topic but I'm not sure how to start a thread in the android app... I want to study psychology at university, are the a levels biology, chemistry, psychology and English lit/Lang good or would another combination be more appropriate?
Original post by shooks
So how did it go today? Did you get what you wanted from your GCSE results?

Vote in our poll and help us discover how GCSEs have gone for TSR's community!

Honestly I was rather disappointed. Originally got 6 A*s and 4 As. Pretty awful. At least 2 of them went up to A*s. So 8 A*s and 2 As. I feel quite annoyed and not particularly happy with them.

Quick Reply

Latest