The Student Room Group

History vs Geog for Economics degree

I'm unsure whether to take History or Geography A levels next year. I have heard that History is definitely the harder of the two but also the more respected and shows you can write well more than geography.

However i would probably find it easier to get a high grade in geography than history

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
I'm unsure whether to take History or Geography A levels next year. I have heard that History is definitely the harder of the two but also the more respected and shows you can write well more than geography.

However i would probably find it easier to get a high grade in geography than history

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, they're both equally respected. Go for geography if you're more confident with it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
Honestly, they're both equally respected. Go for geography if you're more confident with it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the help :smile:
I've heard they like seeing history though as its much more essay based than geography? The LSE specifically mention that they like history

Posted from TSR Mobile
GEOGRAPHY <3

sorry im bias
Reply 4
Original post by blackjack21
GEOGRAPHY <3

sorry im bias

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
take geography, i doubt it will look any worse and it's much easier
If you think you can get a good grade in History then take it, you did say that LSE said that they liked history :smile: if you're not sure and you think that you'll do better in geography then take geography - its better to take something a bit easier and do better than do a harder subject and not get the grades you need

Quick Reply

Latest