The Student Room Group

Resitting Year 12 - What subject should I choose? HELP I have 5 days

pp
(edited 8 years ago)
why are you resitting year 12
I would advise against doing economics if you find memorising difficult. Although there are few case studies in Economics, it relies heavily on memorising key definitions, typical evaluation points etc. It is not too difficult in terms of understanding concepts for most people though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
economics - very easy! not sure if it's just because i had a good teacher but i diddnt overly have to try for it but i got an A with 100 in one paper and 98 in the other. there are essays, so you need to be able to write but i'd recommend it with maths as theres some basic maths involved too (more like gcse maths but they do compliment each other)
Economics is doable but if you have a crap teacher like mine (who was always high or absent) then yea it's quite hard. But it's still doable

Posted from TSR Mobile
From that list I would suggest the one that would interest you the most out of: Psychology, Geography, Economics, Further Maths.

Further Maths gets more difficult at A2. If you get a D in AS Maths and it's really down to a lack of focus, fine, I'm sure it's possible to turn it around, and AS Further Maths isn't much of a step up from AS Maths anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest