The Student Room Group

Shall I take Media Studies as an A-level ?

My original choice was law, english lit, history, and Photography. But i am considering changing law to media as i got an A in it for my gcse results. can people tell me there opinions on both the subjects (Law and Media) and which is a good option to choose ?
Im interested in graphic design aspect of work, but I have heard Law is really interesting also.
Reply 1
Original post by jessmillerxo
My original choice was law, english lit, history, and Photography. But i am considering changing law to media as i got an A in it for my gcse results. can people tell me there opinions on both the subjects (Law and Media) and which is a good option to choose ?
Im interested in graphic design aspect of work, but I have heard Law is really interesting also.

Media for whatever reason has got a reputation for not being a worth while subject where as law has a much better one

I agree with chem@uni in the sense that Law does have a much better reputation for being a worthwhile subject compared to Media Studies however I studied media at AS, having not studied it at GCSE, and really enjoyed it. Infact, it was my favourite subject and has since shaped my career aspirations. At the end of the day it's about which subject you think you will enjoy the most and also which you think will suit your career aspirations more. For example if you are thinking about graphic design then Media studies would be a much better option than law and likely an easier one :wink:
Reply 3
in my opinion, as somebody who took it for AS - no

Do Law, it compliments history and English Lit, and if you decide to drop one your options still look promising.
But media compliment photography as well...depends on what you want to do at uni and be in life
Reply 5
I did media studies as an A-level and I really enjoyed it, but if I could go back, I would do something else instead. (Sigh, how I wish I was going back to sixth form)

I'd go for Law. I think it would be more valuable. You could get into most courses - probably even Media Studies itself - without an A-level in media studies. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending