Physics - A overall (AABA*)

Product Design - A*

Religious studies - A

French - B

History - A*

Maths - C

===============================

Based on my grades what a-levels will be good for me, I know this is hard

I'm really disappointed because for chemistry I was not at school on one of the days when we were doing an ISA so I ended up getting a C but I did well in the exams, and I really like science. However In maths I had my entire year wasted because I was put into the wrong set so I had to do foundation 1 year and then in Year 11 do higher but we had a teacher change and this teacher was terrible, It was april and we Just started Sin/Cosine -__-

I've worked so hard and I'm crying, I'm disappointed because I want to continue science but I don't think I will be able to due to my maths grade, can someone please help me, i know It's my studies at the end of the day but I do feel disadvantaged and dumb (all my cousins go tution) and I'm known as the dumb one and its making me depressed, I've had enough issues like everyone I want something to go well, Please help Thank you so much :P

Scroll to see replies

Hi:smile:
Firstly, please don't ever think you're 'dumb', judging by those grades you are most certainly not! The c grade in maths shouldn't prevent you from doing sciences at A level at all- personally, I got a c grade in GCSE maths and retook the exam so I could apply to medicine- I did Biology and Chemistry AS and I'm about to go into A2. It didn't stop me from doing the sciences and doing well in them! What do you want to study at university? I can help you if you need any advice:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Lularose83
Hi:smile:
Firstly, please don't ever think you're 'dumb', judging by those grades you are most certainly not! The c grade in maths shouldn't prevent you from doing sciences at A level at all- personally, I got a c grade in GCSE maths and retook the exam so I could apply to medicine- I did Biology and Chemistry AS and I'm about to go into A2. It didn't stop me from doing the sciences and doing well in them! What do you want to study at university? I can help you if you need any advice:biggrin:

Hi, thanks you made me feel a little better :smile: also I want to study a science at university so Physics or Chemistry or Biology, I like physics the best but obviously that involves a lot of maths which I can deal with it, its just I didn't do well in gcse maths, and most Universities want maths with physics so I'm a bit lost so could you help me with the university aspect and also you said you retook your maths what was that like and did you do it at a-level ?. Thank you so much for helping I really appreciative it :smile:
Reply 3
Your grades are amazing and I definitely don't think it will affect you taking sciences for A levels. If you enjoy science then I think you should take it :smile:
Original post by Cinna21
Hi i've got my GCSE results

English Lit - B
English Lan- B

Triple/Separate science

Biology - B overall ( AABB)

Chemistry - B overall (AABC)

Physics - A overall (AABA*)

Product Design - A*

Religious studies - A

French - B

History - A*

Maths - C

===============================

Based on my grades what a-levels will be good for me, I know this is hard

I'm really disappointed because for chemistry I was not at school on one of the days when we were doing an ISA so I ended up getting a C but I did well in the exams, and I really like science. However In maths I had my entire year wasted because I was put into the wrong set so I had to do foundation 1 year and then in Year 11 do higher but we had a teacher change and this teacher was terrible, It was april and we Just started Sin/Cosine -__-

I've worked so hard and I'm crying, I'm disappointed because I want to continue science but I don't think I will be able to due to my maths grade, can someone please help me, i know It's my studies at the end of the day but I do feel disadvantaged and dumb (all my cousins go tution) and I'm known as the dumb one and its making me depressed, I've had enough issues like everyone I want something to go well, Please help Thank you so much :P

Hi , get in contact with sixth form some may allow you to do maths. A grade C is good enough to get you through and i am sure if you explain the circumstances they will be fine. and believe it or not, even if you don't do A level maths you will still get through A level science rather easily. my recommendations is to do Maths, another science probably chemistry/physics and another easy A level. this is because Universities usually only care about two subjects and the third one they do not mind as long as it is an A level. Doing that will make life easier for you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by lucyfran
Your grades are amazing and I definitely don't think it will affect you taking sciences for A levels. If you enjoy science then I think you should take it :smile:

Thanks for the support I feel a lot better :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by hasan6091
Hi , get in contact with sixth form some may allow you to do maths. A grade C is good enough to get you through and i am sure if you explain the circumstances they will be fine. and believe it or not, even if you don't do A level maths you will still get through A level science rather easily. my recommendations is to do Maths, another science probably chemistry/physics and another easy A level. this is because Universities usually only care about two subjects and the third one they do not mind as long as it is an A level. Doing that will make life easier for you.

Thanks for the tip, I might think about that focusing on 2 a-levels and I know alevels will be harder but I will have more time to focus on them, Thanks :smile:
Original post by Cinna21
Thanks for the tip, I might think about that focusing on 2 a-levels and I know alevels will be harder but I will have more time to focus on them, Thanks :smile:

If you want to do something science based at uni, may i recommend chemical engineering.
If you find you like the idea i suggest picking Maths, Chemistry and any other A level. You must do 3 A levels
Reply 8
If you want to do something science based at uni, may i recommend chemical engineering.
If you find you like the idea i suggest picking Maths, Chemistry and any other A level. You must do 3 A levels

Unfortunately I can't do maths so I don't think I can do that :frown: Oh well thanks for helping
Original post by Cinna21
Unfortunately I can't do maths so I don't think I can do that :frown: Oh well thanks for helping

Hmm its not always over, you could enter as an external student at another college ??
You will probably find that you will do better
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Hmm its not always over, you could enter as an external student at another college ??
You will probably find that you will do better

I might but I only got a grade C in maths so would another college take me externally ? , its not exactly my fault i got a C but at the end of the day its what I got :_(
Original post by Cinna21
I might but I only got a grade C in maths so would another college take me externally ? , its not exactly my fault i got a C but at the end of the day its what I got :_(

Other collages dont mind what grade you got. You are just taking the exam there. all you have to do is be able to afford the fees for each unit. 3 this year , 3 next. You have so many free online websites that you could learn maths from. I would be open for help and so would everyone on student room.
Just ring around and find a centre that will let you take the exams.
Original post by Cinna21

Other collages dont mind what grade you got. You are just taking the exam there. all you have to do is be able to afford the fees for each unit. 3 this year , 3 next. You have so many free online websites that you could learn maths from. I would be open for help and so would everyone on student room.
Just ring around and find a centre that will let you take the exams.
Reply 13
[QUOTE="hasan6091;58764011"]Other collages dont mind what grade you got. You are just taking the exam there. all you have to do is be able to afford the fees for each unit. 3 this year , 3 next. You have so many free online websites that you could learn maths from. I would be open for help and so would everyone on student room.
Just ring around and find a centre that will let you take the exams.[/QUOTE

Ooo, that does seem like a good idea thanks but I don't understand the fee part could you explain more I would really appreciate it thanks :smile:
[QUOTE="Cinna21;58785279"]
Just ring around and find a centre that will let you take the exams.[/QUOTE

Ooo, that does seem like a good idea thanks but I don't understand the fee part could you explain more I would really appreciate it thanks :smile:

Well basiclly when you take an exam somwhere as an external student you
Have to pay for each unit which depends
On the exam board. Im retaking some exams
Whilst at uni next year and my school said it
Will cost 20 pounds per module.
Reply 15
[QUOTE="hasan6091;58789723"]
Original post by Cinna21

Well basiclly when you take an exam somwhere as an external student you
Have to pay for each unit which depends
On the exam board. Im retaking some exams
Whilst at uni next year and my school said it
Will cost 20 pounds per module.

Thanks a lot :biggrin:
[QUOTE="Cinna21;58790911"]

Thanks a lot :biggrin:

Youre welcome , any more questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 17
History politics geography and business are these good a level choices
Reply 18
Original post by Le Boss

Hi, ask Hasan above he gives great advice and yeh your a-levels seem good , do you know what you want to do in the future or what sort of field or area that helped me shape my choices :smile:
Original post by Le Boss

Yeh they are some good A levels especially history and pollitics they link in well. What you wanting to do at uni

Quick Reply

Latest