The Student Room Group

Realistic uni choices

What do you reckon my chances are for getting an offer to study English at St Andrews with AS results of A B B, the Bs being in English Language and Literature? I'm thinking of applying to St Andrews, Edinburgh, York and my other choices are still being decided. Is that too ambitious?
What grades do they ask for? If you are predicted to get the grades that they are asking for then you are likely to be completely fine :smile:
Original post by sotonmedic
What grades do they ask for? If you are predicted to get the grades that they are asking for then you are likely to be completely fine :smile:

I believe it's 3 A's at a-level to do English at St. Andrews!

Edit: not sure if that's the "usual offer" or minimum entry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by sotonmedic

Original post by Macleod11
I believe it's 3 A's at a-level to do English at St. Andrews!

Edit: not sure if that's the "usual offer" or minimum entry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 3 As at A Level with an A in English. Just hoping that my predicted grades help me secure an offer!
Original post by careyboyle
It's 3 As at A Level with an A in English. Just hoping that my predicted grades help me secure an offer!

Maybe with these results they'd offer you a conditional with a good personal statement. Although I don't know because I'm not admission staff haha. Edinburgh's minimum requirements for English is ABB :smile:. If it were me I'd go for some risky ones like st Andrews then back myself up with a few less risky!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Macleod11
Maybe with these results they'd offer you a conditional with a good personal statement. Although I don't know because I'm not admission staff haha. Edinburgh's minimum requirements for English is ABB :smile:. If it were me I'd go for some risky ones like st Andrews then back myself up with a few less risky!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you say Edinburgh was less risky?
Original post by careyboyle
Would you say Edinburgh was less risky?

I'm not really sure. Edinburgh is considered one of the best along with St. Andrews in Scotland.. So both are pretty risky. St. Andrews probably has higher requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply