The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Business - Wrong Grade

I recently received my certificate for my first year of my extended business course, however my overall grade on the certificate says DM. I was told by teacher that I had received DD. I rechecked my gradebook and it says that I got six distinctions and 3 passes. After doing a bit of research I have found out that this would mean that I should have got DD. My question is what should I do about this? who do I contact to get it changed?
Reply 1
1) are you sure they are all 10 credit units because otherwise this could affect your overall score?

2) are you sure you achieved them before they submitted your grades to edexcel?

if they are all 10 credit modules this is how you work it out:

DD (in 90 credit) = 750 BTEC points

6 * (9 * 10) = 540 (10 is the credit value and 9 is what a distinction is worth)
3 * (7 * 10) = 210 (10 is the credit value and 7 is what a pass is worth)

540 + 210 = 750 = DD

So you should have got that, however, i assume you will be returning for the 2nd year (extended diploma), you can always query your grades when you go back in September, also all your unit grades get put together to make an overall final grade so providing you sort it out when you are back, you should be fine, also make sure that you know what your predicted grade is and make sure they predict you DDD for the extended diploma otherwise your university options will be reduced.

Hope this helps
Reply 2
Yes each unit was worth 10 credits each, I handed the work in at the start of June giving them enough time to mark it.

Quick Reply

Latest