The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ask him if you could borrow £50 and pay him back the next day, then conveniently forget.
Reply 2
Tell your friend you need it to buy a book for school/uni, or to buy presents for one of your relatives.
What the hell? Why would she have to think of new things??????

SIMPLE: "Hey, do you think I could have my 50 back?"

Don't do it and he/she will actually forget and you will never get it back.
Reply 4
"Oi, mother****er, give me £50". Seriously, just ask for it normally. He owes you money, he can **** off if he doesn't like it.
"Erm...50 quid? ring a bell? you owe me"

Simple really, dont play to him....he owes you
Reply 7
If he is a good friend then just ask him straight. If I lent my best mates money and they were truly my friends then they wouldn't really mind me asking for money back.

Unless they were poor then you would feel a bit guilty...
Reply 8
do you really need the money? because if not you could just wait another week or so-he/she is NOT going to forget they lent £50 off you..but of course don't never ask for it back, youd just be letting them take advantage of you.

maybe...

just say you need it asap and he does owe it to you
TheDutchy
What the hell? Why would she have to think of new things??????

SIMPLE: "Hey, do you think I could have my 50 back?"

Don't do it and he/she will actually forget and you will never get it back.

agreed.

just ask for it back. the longer you leave it, the more likely it is that you won't get it back at all.
Reply 11
try:

'i need that fifty back today.'
It's your money. It's perfectly within your rights to ask it back, especially £50 we're talking about. Just ask him nicely and say you're skint and need it quickly.
He might be having trouble in getting £50 together. Just do what everyone else said, tell him you're short of money.
Reply 14
my friends and i live in a big borrowing circle, lol- currently i am owed £50 and £30 and owe £35, but we always sort each other out, theres no rows, an if one of us needs the money back soon we just ask and its grand
saoirse
my friends and i live in a big borrowing circle, lol- currently i am owed £50 and £30 and owe £35, but we always sort each other out, theres no rows, an if one of us needs the money back soon we just ask and its grand

ooh my mother would cringe lol.

"never be a borrower or a lender" is one of her favourite sayings :p:
"Hiya, was just wondering whether you're able to pay back the £50 I lent you last week yet? I could really do with it back. Thanks."
Reply 17
I done a similar thing before. I lent a girl £5 so she could buy some fags. Never got the money back!
Reply 18
XenaGlamRocker
ooh my mother would cringe lol.

"never be a borrower or a lender" is one of her favourite sayings :p:

Mines the same! but i think its just because were all broke students and would prefer to help each other out than see one of us not able to do something ie go out, so if we have enough for two we lend it...

Latest

Trending

Trending