The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Re-Application

I have just missed out on my offer for Vet at Bristol, first time applicant. (AAA I got ABB but only missed by one UMS on one and four UMS on the other). I am now going to my insurance place which is Bioveterinary Science. I am planning on applying again, however I have already re-sat two a level modules, so if i re-sat them again, would the universities accept my application? Or would it be possible to leave my a-levels as they are, and apply with the grade I get in my first year of Bioveterinary Science?
Original post by ebrutt
I have just missed out on my offer for Vet at Bristol, first time applicant. (AAA I got ABB but only missed by one UMS on one and four UMS on the other). I am now going to my insurance place which is Bioveterinary Science. I am planning on applying again, however I have already re-sat two a level modules, so if i re-sat them again, would the universities accept my application? Or would it be possible to leave my a-levels as they are, and apply with the grade I get in my first year of Bioveterinary Science?

Sorry to hear that you just missed out on your offer, what a shame :frown: Are remarks an option at all?

With regards to whether you can resit again, I'd check the websites and contact the admissions tutors. You'll probably find that some will accept you and some won't. I know someone at Liverpool and I'm pretty sure she redid chemistry twice, although I might just be making that up :colondollar:

It won't be possible to reapply with the grade at the end of the first year of your degree, no, since you won't have earned any new qualifications. You can still go to uni and reapply in your first year, but they would look at your A2 results as a basis for your offer so you'd still have to retake.

Best of luck
Original post by ebrutt

You need to check which unis allow resits again and which don't. Cambridge and Edinburgh for example don't. Nottingham also don't. Liverpool you've got a chance with. Bristol I'm not 100% sure about.

There is no point in doing a year of biovet and applying at the end of your first year, you won't have any form of qualification and some of the universities look on students which can't finish a degree badly, so if you start a degree you will have to finish it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ebrutt

I know someone this year who got into vet med with ABB despite her offer being AAA, so there's still hope ! You should definitely get remarks though !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending