The Student Room Group

Are these the right A-levels to choose together?

I got my GCSE results and they're enough to choose the lessons I wanted. Key word is "wanted".

Psychology
Sociology
English Literature
Biology

I am definitely taking Sociology and English Lit as I have been waiting to take those; however, Psych and Bio don't sound good any more.
I've read up about Bio on here and I'm conflicted.

I'm quite good at just remembering straight texts and do worse when it's just gone through by a teacher. I only did science at foundation for GCSE though, and I feel like it will be an even bigger step up than people are saying. I still got a B overall for science as my coursework pushed it up - I got an A for that and was very close to an A*.

Are these good to take together? And from a no-bs POV, are the lessons any good individually?

I have to decide by tomorrow... left it kinda late.
It's probably a bit late - can you talk to the teachers at all in Psych/Bio? They can tell you what lessons are like. It's hard to generalise because different schools and colleges will teach subjects in different ways.

The subjects are fine together although this partly depends on what you want to do after they finish. If you don't have specific jobs in mind they're probably fine as a combination.

You might find Biology difficult and a challenge but it's hard to tell until you start the course - do you like challenges? If so, maybe have a go. What are your alternative choices?

Let us know what you decide in the end.Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending