The Student Room Group

A2 A* Predictions

What prediction would you need at AS in order to be predicted an A* as A2.
In Biology I got 88% but is that high enough?
I know that you need to have 90% across the modules in A2 and AS doesn't matter but my school is pretty strict on predictions.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated
X
Reply 1
Hi, my school are quite strict as well and they say that they only predict A* if you get 90% average at AS but you're quite close to 90% so if they predict an A you could try to haggle with your teachers to predict an A* if you need to be predicted A* for university entrance requirements. I've heard of some students increasing their predictions but it's not very common because schools don't like to over predict.
Original post by Ani_2303
Hi, my school are quite strict as well and they say that they only predict A* if you get 90% average at AS but you're quite close to 90% so if they predict an A you could try to haggle with your teachers to predict an A* if you need to be predicted A* for university entrance requirements. I've heard of some students increasing their predictions but it's not very common because schools don't like to over predict.

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I remember one of my chemistry teachers saying that they can predict an A* if you get above 85% at AS. But every department is different.
Hopefully I can haggle for an A*- the only reason I want one is because I think I'm going to be predicted A*AB. Having the A* would hopefully compensate for that B.
But I'll see- I hate all this. Everything is so up in the air all the time.
Reply 3
Original post by michelecorrrea
Hey, thanks for the reply.
I remember one of my chemistry teachers saying that they can predict an A* if you get above 85% at AS. But every department is different.
Hopefully I can haggle for an A*- the only reason I want one is because I think I'm going to be predicted A*AB. Having the A* would hopefully compensate for that B.
But I'll see- I hate all this. Everything is so up in the air all the time.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I didn't do as well as I was hoping for at AS level so I need to make sure that I get good predictions so that I have some hope in getting into the universities I want. I got 85% average in Economics and will probably try to haggle to be predicted an A* so that I get predicted A*AA. Might have to haggle for some of the As as well...

Quick Reply

Latest