The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Is anyone else going to be living at Liberty Quays Medway in September?

Scroll to see replies

I one people called Dean
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by GeorginaDean
No I don't, whys that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can be like the...dean OF MEDWAY CAMPUS:ahee:
Reply 62
Original post by Partyology94
Ah okay cool :smile:

****, get on to them mate but I'm sure you'll be sweet.

I'll send you the link later, but it's a Facebook group I found and people are saying what halls and courses they're doing and stuff. Though to be honest, it's mainly people commenting without replies so I haven't bothered with it, probs best when I actually know what halls I'm in anyway.

I have no idea who my flatmates are so I'm excited and nervous to find out! Lol. I'm sure we've all had forewarning of food being pinched and everything being a (proper) mess, fingers crossed I get lucky to avoid this haha

nice one mate :smile:

same its annoying that we find out there and then but it's kind of exciting at the same time! I really hope that doesn't happen because at the end of the day we're all students and it's helping nobody being broke and having no food hahaha, living with 7 people I think there's a high chance of a messy flat
Reply 63
Original post by Partyology94
I heard of 1 that looks good called The Venue, I think it maybe where the foam party is and it's run by the student union so should be cheap and cheerful. I know there's a few other local ones as well plus more not too far away. I'm sure us students will find a good motive haha, even the flat parties should be a laugh!

sounds good to me! ,as long as we're all pissed I think we can make a good night out of anything :dance: I wonder if people will be planning a flat party or a night out on that first weekend, wouldn't mind a flat party though, go round knocking on everyone's doors hahaha
hey, I'm moving into Liberty Quays too on the 19th, so excited now :biggrin:
Is anyone thinking of buying a Kpass wristband for canterbury freshers or buying a fresher ball ticket because I'm not sure, might wait till I move in and see what everyone wants to do for freshers
Reply 65
Does anyone know what to do with the modules? ,proper confused on how to sort them out (doing business management if that helps)
Reply 66
Original post by Icknieldpersonx
hey, I'm moving into Liberty Quays too on the 19th, so excited now :biggrin:
Is anyone thinking of buying a Kpass wristband for canterbury freshers or buying a fresher ball ticket because I'm not sure, might wait till I move in and see what everyone wants to do for freshers

Same I'm moving in on the 19th, yeah I think I'm gonna wait till I get there to speak to people to see what they're doing in case they have different plans!
Reply 67
Original post by Keddy28
Does anyone know what to do with the modules? ,proper confused on how to sort them out (doing business management if that helps)

Hey, I think I might know what is confusing you as the same thing happened to me! If your credits add up to 120 and all your modules are compulsory then you should be automatically registered into your modules. After I clicked the submit button It said that I hadn't selected my preferences and my credits weren't adding up evenly but the person I talked to about this said that it just shows up as an error as your already registered. If you still need help though email [email protected]. They helped get everything sorted and were very friendly :smile: hope everything gets sorted out
I'll be moving in on the 20th, studying social work. Proper nervous
If you go on the uni of kent website on the side you should be able to see choose modules or google it and then you'll choose which category your course is in i.e humanities or social science etc and then you read a handbook and see which modules are compulsory or optional for yours.

Hope it helps, if not just email kent uni
Original post by Keddy28
Reply 70
Original post by filipa.s
Hey, I think I might know what is confusing you as the same thing happened to me! If your credits add up to 120 and all your modules are compulsory then you should be automatically registered into your modules. After I clicked the submit button It said that I hadn't selected my preferences and my credits weren't adding up evenly but the person I talked to about this said that it just shows up as an error as your already registered. If you still need help though email [email protected]. They helped get everything sorted and were very friendly :smile: hope everything gets sorted out

Thank you I spoke to someone yesterday and they said the same thing as you so looks like we're good to go with business management then :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by Cocoastuffs
If you go on the uni of kent website on the side you should be able to see choose modules or google it and then you'll choose which category your course is in i.e humanities or social science etc and then you read a handbook and see which modules are compulsory or optional for yours.

Hope it helps, if not just email kent uni

I've sorted it now all my modules were compulsory so I don't need to do anything thanks though!
Is the start of fresher's week on the 19th or 28th of Sept?!
Original post by Keddy28
I've sorted it now all my modules were compulsory so I don't need to do anything thanks though!

But...
only the Natural Science faculty has compulsory modules across the board.
Business and Management is in the social science faculty.
Reply 74
Original post by PinkRhinos
Is the start of fresher's week on the 19th or 28th of Sept?!

19th and i've spoke to others doing business management and all the modules are compulsory in the first year
Original post by Keddy28
19th and i've spoke to others doing business management and all the modules are compulsory in the first year

You think I'll be killed for being there by 22nd, 23rd?
I'll be on a trip before...
got an offer for criminology & criminal justice a couple of days ago because I was so unhappy with my original firm. waiting for my accom to be confirmed eek!
Reply 77
Original post by PinkRhinos
You think I'll be killed for being there by 22nd, 23rd?
I'll be on a trip before...

you'll have to contact the uni and accommodation because we have to enrol for both on that weekend that's why they have time slots for accommodation and like 9am-3pm for uni enrolment
Original post by GeorginaDean
I don't really know of many venues in Medway but I know Canterbury really well! They have loads of student Republic events in Canterbury which are always really cheap!

Canterbury isn't too far to travel for a good night out to be honest!

Yeah free bus there and back as well! I'm up for hitting Canterbury, the travel is always fun anyways!
Original post by cherryred90s
got an offer for criminology & criminal justice a couple of days ago because I was so unhappy with my original firm. waiting for my accom to be confirmed eek!

Cool, are you at Medway or Canterbury? What was up with your firm choice? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest