The Student Room Group

EPQ help

Hi,
I would like to take Economics, business and Mats as well as EPQ. If I drop Maths at AS,would the EPQ be part of the typical offer so say if I needed ABB could EPQ be on of them. Btw our school does EPQ over two years
Original post by PrincessAisha*
Hi,
I would like to take Economics, business and Mats as well as EPQ. If I drop Maths at AS,would the EPQ be part of the typical offer so say if I needed ABB could EPQ be on of them. Btw our school does EPQ over two years

No, unfortunately the EPQ wouldn't count as one of your A2 grades since it's only equivalent to an AS Level. It would be better for you to choose a fourth AS level which you can keep for A2 to fulfill the typical requirements of having 3 A2 Level grades :smile:
Reply 2
The EPQ is the equivalent of an AS, and when universities ask for 'ABB' or similar they're asking for A2 levels. So no, your EPQ couldn't count towards it. But sometimes an EPQ helps to support your application. You'd have to take Maths, Economics, and Business for the full two years to be able to achieve 'ABB'
Oh ok thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest