The Student Room Group

Engineering or medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laurenafenete
Dont let your parents try and choose your career path for you. Being a girl doesn't mean that you cant do engineering as a career, its the exact reason why we need more women in the STEM industries!

If you want to do engineering go for it! DO IT!

(If you have any other questions about girls in STEM just ask)

Well actually I have no idea about STEM. It would be really nice if you give mea little insight :smile:
Original post by Ezme39
Don't go into medicine just for money or security, only go into it if you really want to do it :smile: the demanding nature of the career would make you hate it otherwise

Uh oh honestly, you caught me there :frown: thanks for making me realise though.. will keep that in mind :smile:
Original post by Ephilas
If you're torn between the two, you could have a look at Medical Engineering. I'm starting the course in September and it seems like the perfect combination of both areas to me.

oh wow! that is a great thing..recently cause of these freaking confusions i was thinking let's do both courses >.< but now this sounds interesting :biggrin: thanks
Original post by mattyrich
I do more of the designing side of engineering, an working towards to becoming an CAD engineer, therefore i work in the office a lot, though there is a practical side of the job, cause i would have to solve problems regarding products and how they are use to solve an issue for the customer, also, we would do testing, inspection reports, etc.

Though the field of engineering is large and there are so many different types of engineering, some are more practical/ field work, and others more logical.

Your job sounds cool.
So i guess if i go for engineering then I'll have to do both office andfield work.:colone: Hope that'll be fine ^__^
Original post by jamilarahman
Well actually I have no idea about STEM. It would be really nice if you give mea little insight :smile:

STEM just stands for Science, technology. engineering and maths
So STEM industries means industries that have these subjects in them, which is quite a lot.
what did you pick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending