The Student Room Group

In need of money but can't get hired!!??

Hi!

So I'm 16, just got out of high school and I really, really need a job to be able to fund college. I applied for a bursary but I'm worried that they'll only cover my travel, when I will need more than just that!

I did manage to get a job at a local trampoline park, but had to leave after a week due to assault by my manager.

I want something thats evenings/weekends. Does anyone have any ideas? Or even ideas for ways I could work from home. Even Avon or something, if that pays a decent amount?

Thanks!
There is this website called ,e4stuudents but I think it is better to go to. Stores directly and ask them
Reply 2
Original post by binkierose
Hi!

So I'm 16, just got out of high school and I really, really need a job to be able to fund college. I applied for a bursary but I'm worried that they'll only cover my travel, when I will need more than just that!

I did manage to get a job at a local trampoline park, but had to leave after a week due to assault by my manager.

I want something thats evenings/weekends. Does anyone have any ideas? Or even ideas for ways I could work from home. Even Avon or something, if that pays a decent amount?

Thanks!

Avon doesnt pay much at all and your friends will get fed up of being spammed with sales rubbish, so dont bother with that.

Best bet is to just look around your local shops, most I see these days are recruiting for part time staff.
I've handed in cvs/ applied online to around 60 jobs and only got 1 interview (and not the job). Employers don't want to hire people who aren't on call all the time(I still have to go to school so can't do school hours). I've had emails and even in the interview they literal say it's the availability/ flexibility that looses me the job. So I guess I just have to keep on apply :/ good luck
Reply 4
I'm also 16, what I did to make money was that I hosted several tournaments (Fifa,Call of Duty and Football) and then I streamed online , I'm not sure if you're a gamer but hosting tournaments (any kind) are a good idea, I do it on a monthly basis and thank god I make enough .
Original post by binkierose
Hi!

Thanks!

Go on indeed, apply for warehouse jobs, they usually pay well and you don't really need experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending