The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im still waiting for two:s-smilie: Bristol and Kings

depending on what they offer me these will probably be my choices

FIRM: UCL - AAA
INSURANCE: York - AAB
Reply 2
If I get LSE, then it'll be my firm and I probably won't have an insurance unless Edinburgh give me an offer! (At the moment I only have offers from Warwick and York, and an Oxford rejection).
I think I'll probs pick York as my firm and Leeds as my insurance. :>
Reply 4
I don't know. I'm waiting on four Unis. :frown:
Reply 5
Cambridge as my firm and probably Warwick as insurance. However, that's pretty surpurfluous as all my offers are AAB (actually, can I even do that?!)
Reply 6
Probably (and this is very tentative):
Firm - York (AAB, A in History)
Insurance - Hull (300 UCAS Points)

But if I don't like Hull when I see it in a couple of weeks, then my insurance will either be Leicester or Edinburgh.
Reply 7
If I had to decide now it would be:

FIRM = Lancaster (ABB)
INSURANCE = Leicester (BBB) or Reading (BBB)

But this is by no means my final decision, it could change completely yet. :biggrin:
yo you had similar choices to me, i applied to southampton cardiff and lancaster among others.

im off to lancaster in september, cannot wait.
Reply 9
Firm:Bristol (AAA)
Insurance:Leeds (AAB)
Reply 10
Firm: Durham (AAA)
Insurance: Exeter (BBB) although if Warwick get back to me, it will be Warwick!
Am I silly to turn down Bristol in favour of York? I'm pretty sure I want to put York as my firm choice but maybe I should be picking Bristol instead...? :redface:
Reply 12
Firm - Definitely, definitely: Durham (AAA)
Insurance - Torn between York and Warwick (AAB)
Reply 13
amzable
Firm: Durham (AAA)
Insurance: Exeter (BBB) although if Warwick get back to me, it will be Warwick!

Just got rejected from warwick so looks like my insurance choice is exeter. C'est la vie
Reply 14
Sorry to hear that Amzable
Reply 15
Nicki, Miles Taylor and John Cooper say York (two of my lecturers). Anyway, Durham is your firm so I'm assuming that you like old places and York is brilliant in that respect, Warwick isn't. Warwick/York is one of the most common choices people have to make. I'm off to Edinburgh for the weekend, have fun deciding everyone.
Reply 16
I went to York on Wednesday...and I love it. But then Warwick is still really good. Argh. I'm going there on the 7th March...so hopefully that'll help.
Reply 17
York has, in my opinion, a far better course than Warwick's, but then again I am a medievalist. There's an excellent centre for medieval studies at York and a good archaeology department too which always helps to make things interesting. Warwick will be good for early modern, Peter Marshall is there I think. I believe they also have a centre for the History of Medicine, but I'm not too sure on that.

I never really looked at either of them seriously though, so I don’t really know the ins and outs of the courses. York was too close to home, I know it very well, and I find the campus a little spread out for my taste. Warwick don't do my area and it’s in Coventry.

If it was me, from the universties mentioned here (aside from Leics); Edinburgh would get my vote every day of the week, even over Durham, it's a superb university. I'm thinking about looking at post grad courses there actually.
Reply 18

Firm - Bristol (AAB)

Not setting an insurance.
Reply 19
Tomber
York has, in my opinion, a far better course than Warwick's, but then again I am a medievalist. There's an excellent centre for medieval studies at York and a good archaeology department too which always helps to make things interesting. Warwick will be good for early modern, Peter Marshall is there I think. I believe they also have a centre for the History of Medicine, but I'm not too sure on that.

I never really looked at either of them seriously though, so I don’t really know the ins and outs of the courses. York was too close to home, I know it very well, and I find the campus a little spread out for my taste. Warwick don't do my area and it’s in Coventry.

If it was me, from the universties mentioned here (aside from Leics); Edinburgh would get my vote every day of the week, even over Durham, it's a superb university. I'm thinking about looking at post grad courses there actually.

Well, I liked the look of the York course. But I don't know what I want to do - always did modern at school, not really looked at early stuff.

Hehe, well, I see you're at Leicester (?) - that's too close for me hehe. It's my nearest city!

Latest

Trending

Trending