The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I was exactly the same Arabella!
Reply 81
I still haven't sorted this out... I think I know what I'm going to put, but I seem to have these weird doubts about doing it.
Reply 82
heninacoop
I still haven't sorted this out... I think I know what I'm going to put, but I seem to have these weird doubts about doing it.

Me too!

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Reply 83
^No, definitely not! On a brighter note, it's Sunday night (Grey's Anatomy!), so there is much good television to be watched!
Reply 84
Make sure you are definitely sure when you do decide because I confirmed my choices but now I think I have changed my mind which is going to be a right pain to sort out... Though I am still not quite sure what to do :frown:
Reply 85
I don't think I'll be any more sure once I've UCAS-ed it... and I'll still be debating it right up until I actually go!
Reply 86
Firm- Sussex Insurance- Reading

Went to Sussex open day today and not a doubt in my mind
Reply 87
I just chose my firm an insurance today on UCAS. I've always aid Oxford and Bristol, and that's what i did. But it felt so wrong declining all the others. Do people think i made the right insurance decision (the unis are in my sig, i hope it comes up).
Reply 88
^LSE your lowest offer, but accomodation will be a nightmare last minute (they're already allocating spaces now) in London, and it's a unique course so I'm guessing that you just don't want it. Warwick's in the middle of a field (sorry everybody, you just can't get around that) and Durham's ancient history, which is not nearly as cool as more modern stuff. That leaves York and Bristol, of which I'd say Bristol is (marginally) better reputation wise. My bizarre ramblings, therefore, allow me to conclude that your decision is entirely sensible. I wish I had the guts to click the wretched button on UCAS too...
Reply 89
I've just firmed Royal Holloway :smile: (it's an unconditional offer, so no insurance)
Reply 90
*River
Warwick's in the middle of a field (sorry everybody, you just can't get around that).

I hope you mean compared to Oxbridge (or possibly some of the London-based universities like the ones Consie applied to) with this statement as, while they're far from reliable, the league tables seem to contradict you. :smile:

*River, which universities are you choosing between?
Reply 91
why does everyone think LSE is uber except me?
Reply 92
^Because everybody wants to go into IB :p:, and have been spending too much time on TSR...

Lottie, I know the league tables say that, but I still think Bristol possible has an edge over York, even though it rarely does well in the Leauge Tables. Possibly because League Tables never seem to reflect much about any given university in practice, and I don't understand what you've written below the part where you quoted me (Warwick just didn't do it for me!).

I have offers from York, Edinburgh, Durham and Warwick. My parents don't want me to take York, so that's out of the running. I love Warwick's course, but really didn't like the place. I'm not a huge fan of Durham's course when compared to Warwick and Edinburghs', but the college was lovely (even if I can't say the same thing for the people I met at the post applicant day). Basically, I'm just confused :p:!
Reply 93
From what i hear to be the opinion in the city, Bristol is the same as Durham.
Reply 94
I didn't apply to either Bristol or York so I'm hardly qualified to make a comment on either but Euan Blair chose Bristol to do his Ancient History degree (though Wikipedia leads me to think he had an Oxford offer which he subsequently missed -- eek).

I'm not sure what to make of LSE, Consie, but it's got a solid reputation for politics so I'm seriously considering it as my insurance (along with Warwick).

I don't think you could do wrong whichever of the four you chose, *River, as they all seem to be positively rated institutions. I really like Warwick's campus.
Reply 95
I will click the buttons this week... I will!!! :p:
Reply 96
You can do it :biggrin:
Reply 97
^The only problem is, that I have to decide what to put first, which is a bit of a bummer in my plans for world domination!
Reply 98
Hi! Am trying to choose which uni to have as my insurance. I am picking Oxford 2008 as my firm (New College, AAAB) but I can't decide whether to pick Nottingham (Ancient and Modern, ABB) or St Andrews (AAB) as my insurance.

What do you think?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Reply 99
go with which course you like the best is always my advice xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending