The Student Room Group

Good sixth forms near east London?

I'm going into year 11 and have already chosen my A-level subjects however I'm finding it hard to find good sixth forms.
My chosen subjects are: biology, chemistry, maths and graphics design.
So far I've just been looking at sixthforms that are close to where I live (Tower Hamlets) and offer graphics design
However now I just want to look at all close places with a good reputation as I'm willing to change from graphics design to an art or psychology course.
I've been looking around but can't find anything all too helpful here - so I made an account just now :smile:
Anyone have any recommendations/list? I want to start applying and scheduling plans to go to open days A.S.A.P
(edited 8 years ago)
LAE - Stratford
Newvic
Newham college
Tower Hamlets College
Leyton sixth form college
George Monoux

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Ai-Kurrikku
I'm going into year 11 and have already chosen my A-level subjects however I'm finding it hard to find good sixth forms.
My chosen subjects are: biology, chemistry, maths and graphics design.
So far I've just been looking at sixthforms that are close to where I live and offer graphics design
However now I just want to look at all places with a good reputation as I'm willing to change from graphics design to an art or psychology course.
I've been looking around but can't find anything all too helpful here - so I made an account just now :smile:
Anyone have any recommendations/A list? I want to start applying and scheduling plans to go to open days A.S.A.P

I' m in the same boat :smile: have a look at:
LAE-stratford
Ilford county high school (if u r male)
Woodford county (if you are female)
Harris Westminster (if you are prepared to go to central London)

I'm looking for more too and i live in East London :smile:
Original post by kennethdcharles
I' m in the same boat :smile: have a look at:
LAE-stratford
Ilford county high school (if u r male)
Woodford county (if you are female)
Harris Westminster (if you are prepared to go to central London)

I'm looking for more too and i live in East London :smile:

Thank you~ Have you thought about your A-levels and do you have any sixth form you ideally plan to go for?
Reply 4
Thank you~ Have you thought about your A-levels and do you have any sixth form you ideally plan to go for?

Yeah i'm thinking of taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I might go to my current school's sixth form (the Palmer Academy) or i'd go to either Harris Westminster or LAE. What about you?
Yeah i'm thinking of taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I might go to my current school's sixth form (the Palmer Academy) or i'd go to either Harris Westminster or LAE. What about you?

My a-level choices were already stated, but I may just end up choosing psychology instead of graphic design. My schools sixth form is very limited and resources are scarce eue the main school does well but the sixth form, not so much in my opinion. For the upcoming year they won't have a maths teacher though the chemistry teacher may step in :/
Plus its private and I won't be able to afford the fees anyway with my sisters entering the secondary.
I don't really have any particular place to go for, but I'm just planning to go to a bunch of open days and apply to as many as I can (one girl applied to 17 last year in my school - i doubt I'll apply for that many though)
Trying to convince my mum to let me apply for city and islington since I've heard some good things about it but its about an hour away via both train and car.
My a-level choices were already stated, but I may just end up choosing psychology instead of graphic design. My schools sixth form is very limited and resources are scarce eue the main school does well but the sixth form, not so much in my opinion. For the upcoming year they won't have a maths teacher though the chemistry teacher may step in :/
Plus its private and I won't be able to afford the fees anyway with my sisters entering the secondary.
I don't really have any particular place to go for, but I'm just planning to go to a bunch of open days and apply to as many as I can (one girl applied to 17 last year in my school - i doubt I'll apply for that many though)
Trying to convince my mum to let me apply for city and islington since I've heard some good things about it but its about an hour away via both train and car.

Have you considered studying your A levels online allowing you to choose the exact subjects you want...and having no train or car journeys to worry about!

M

I'm also in year 11 and I think you should also consider NCS (Newham Collegiate Sixth form) as it has a A*-C grade that is higher than the national average. Also, I know people who go to Cambridge Heath sixth form in Tower Hamlets and are getting good grades so maybe you should consider looking into that sixth form too ( I'm gonna be choosing my college/sixth form in a few months too )
Original post by tanyakhnm
I'm also in year 11 and I think you should also consider NCS (Newham Collegiate Sixth form) as it has a A*-C grade that is higher than the national average. Also, I know people who go to Cambridge Heath sixth form in Tower Hamlets and are getting good grades so maybe you should consider looking into that sixth form too ( I'm gonna be choosing my college/sixth form in a few months too )

Thank you~ I wish you good luck in applying to sixth forms and with your gcse's! :smile:
Thank you~ I wish you good luck in applying to sixth forms and with your gcse's! :smile:

thanks...you too! :biggrin:

You could also consider Latymer, although you have to do a entrance test for the maths and sciences.
I go to LAE, it's good.
I also applied to Harris Academy and Brampton Manor although that's more East Ham, it's still East London.
What is the new Btec extended diploma business like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending