The Student Room Group

Pick my A levels from my GCSE results

Hello, GCSE results have made me even more confused on what I want to study for AS now

I want to study History at uni I think,

From looking at my gcse results, pick my a level options for me haha
I need help choosing :s-smilie:

History- A*
Maths-A*
Economics-A*
English Literature-A*
Physics-A*
Chemistry-A*
French-A
Welsh language-A
English language-A
Welsh literature-A
Biology-A
Geography-A

(6A* 6As)

Cheers:-)
Reply 1
Firstly well done - they're very good results.

What subjects are you interested in - at A-Level it certainly helps to be both good at the subject and interested in it. From your results it appears as though you're good at all of them so think about which ones you enjoy.

Certainly you would need History to study it at uni, but English would probably help as well.
History, Maths, Physics and Economics.

The maths and physics have a lot in common, so should make your life easier.
The history, because that is what you want to do.

The 4th choice is harder, I thought Economics as it gives a more wider choice and is a maths based subject. I did not want to pick Chemistry because it is extremely difficult and the other 3 are really difficult anyway.

Economics dropped at AS. For that reason I also do not think you have to worry too much about this choice.
You must pick things you are interested in. I can't stress that enough. Go to a few open days and have a look around. :smile:

History being an obvious choice if that's what you think you want to study at university, but pick others you enjoy. I wanted to be an English teacher when I stared A-Levels, and now, I'm off to university to study Anthropology, a subject I picked because I thought it seemed fun.

Another piece of advice I'd give is to pick 4 subjects, this gives you more room to play with come results day.

I hope this helps :biggrin:
Don't pick your levels based on your GCSE grades, that is really a bad idea, you should do something that you like/enjoy.
Choose them yourself.

Spoiler

Four out of the first five on that list.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest