The Student Room Group

Desperately want to sort things out

On Friday night I got stupidly drunk and my bf and I ended up splitting up. I phoned him on Saturday asking to see him and he didn't want to know. My mate dragged me to the pictures to try and cheer me up and then I stayed at hers. Today I tried to phone him again and he said that was us finished although he didn't sound too convincing. I got a text from him tonight saying "Can you plz come down I'm sorry, love you" I phoned him and said I couldn't coz I had to go home for my dinner and I said can we please sort stuff out tomorrow instead and he said He didn't know then he just got worse and worse and it ended with him saying we weren't sorting things out and not to phone, etc. I'm so heartbroken. Can anyone give me advice on the matter and I don't really want "Forget him" coz I can't
I'm sure he'll come round. What did you do that was so bad?

Just be patient, he sounds like he's wanting to talk to you. Try not to hurry him into anything, talk it all through properly, make sure he feels like you're really listening to what he's saying and just generally be patient and don't give up just yet. :smile:

He was probably hurt that you picked dinner over him. Why did you do that? It would have seemed like you're not really that bothered. :frown:
Anonymous
On Friday night I got stupidly drunk and my bf and I ended up splitting up. I phoned him on Saturday asking to see him and he didn't want to know. My mate dragged me to the pictures to try and cheer me up and then I stayed at hers. Today I tried to phone him again and he said that was us finished although he didn't sound too convincing. I got a text from him tonight saying "Can you plz come down I'm sorry, love you" I phoned him and said I couldn't coz I had to go home for my dinner and I said can we please sort stuff out tomorrow instead and he said He didn't know then he just got worse and worse and it ended with him saying we weren't sorting things out and not to phone, etc. I'm so heartbroken. Can anyone give me advice on the matter and I don't really want "Forget him" coz I can't

I guess just keep trying to talk to him, he doesn't sound like he really wants it to end, so give him a call, say you have to talk and it's important for both of you, just make him talk I guess.
Reply 3
Vampyrcorn
I'm sure he'll come round. What did you do that was so bad?

Just be patient, he sounds like he's wanting to talk to you. Try not to hurry him into anything, talk it all through properly, make sure he feels like you're really listening to what he's saying and just generally be patient and don't give up just yet. :smile:

He was probably hurt that you picked dinner over him. Why did you do that? It would have seemed like you're not really that bothered. :frown:

Because I had to go home for my dinner :s-smilie:. It wasn't by choice. He also went really angry about the fact that I had went to the pictures even though he's been at his mates all weekend drinking. And I am really bothered. It's him that doesn't seem bothered and he should. We've been together 10 months and even 2 hours before the party we were all over each other and saying we loved each other and now this. :frown:
Reply 4
I don't understand. Why was it so important you went and had some dinner? You should have jumped at the chance when he asked to see you if you want to make up with him,
Reply 5
claire19c
I don't understand. Why was it so important you went and had some dinner? You should have jumped at the chance when he asked to see you if you want to make up with him,

My mum told me to get home for my dinner. I'm 17 years old. My mum and dad still can tell me what to do and the fact that I haven't been home all weekend.
Reply 6
OK, forget dinner and all of that. The key thing is to talk to him. Do it soon, otherwise there'll just be more problems.
Reply 7
sjuthani
OK, forget dinner and all of that. The key thing is to talk to him. Do it soon, otherwise there'll just be more problems.

I've tried talking to him tonight and whenever I phoned I had to phone his mates gf because that was the only way to contact him and he ended up telling me not to phone that number back because his mates gf was getting pissed off and hung up:frown:
Reply 8
Ok bit of an update. I text his mates gf saying to tell him I love him and always will and can he just think about sorting things out but got no text back. He just phoned me there though and said he wanted to talk to me earlier and not my mate (who was talking to him as well on the phone) and I said I was sorry abot that. Then he just said he had to go and I said "Can we sort things out?" and he said again he had to go so I repeated myself and he said "yes" so I said love you and he said bye and hung up. So looks like things are getting a bit brighter.
Reply 9
Play a little hard to get. Not too much so he ****s off, but enough to take advantage of the "Can you plz come down I'm sorry, love you". Then make like you're doing him the favour by going out with him again.

Latest

Trending

Trending