The Student Room Group

Can I get into dentistry?

I have recently received my GCSE results, and I have received 10a* 3a.
Re a*
Maths a*
Further maths a*
Physics a*
Chemistry a*
Biology a*
English language a*
Literature a
German a
Art a*
Textiles a*
Geography a*
Ict a
No. You have let us all down. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by ellieortho999
Re a*
Maths a*
Further maths a*
Physics a*
Chemistry a*
Biology a*
English language a*
Literature a
German a
Art a*
Textiles a*
Geography a*
Ict a

Minimum needed is 11 A*s, I'm afraid you just missed the cut. Maybe something in retail would be better suited for you.
What sick joke is this? Everyone knows you need 12A*'s minimum. This isn't BTEC hair and beauty!

(Seriously though you have amazing grades and they will make a competitive application, make sure you work even harder at AS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely! This is on the Bristol Dentistry site for entry reqs., some will be different but most will be similar!

-minimum of five GCSEs at grade A*/A to include English Language, Mathematics and two science subjects.

-A levels, (contextual offer) AAB including A in Chemistry and one other lab-based science, preferably Biology. AS-level Biology at grade A required if not taken to A-level.

-A levels, AAA including Chemistry and one other lab-based science, preferably Biology. AS-level Biology at grade A required if not taken to A-level. Graduates holding relevant science A-levels at BBB plus 2:1 or above will be considered.

well done on your amazing results! With those grades in science and maths you will definitely succeed :smile: x
Original post by ellieortho999
Re a*
Maths a*
Further maths a*
Physics a*
Chemistry a*
Biology a*
English language a*
Literature a
German a
Art a*
Textiles a*
Geography a*
Ict a
Unfortunately not, buddy . . . looks like you may need to resit. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by meganwd97
Definitely! This is on the Bristol Dentistry site for entry reqs., some will be different but most will be similar!

-minimum of five GCSEs at grade A*/A to include English Language, Mathematics and two science subjects.

-A levels, (contextual offer) AAB including A in Chemistry and one other lab-based science, preferably Biology. AS-level Biology at grade A required if not taken to A-level.

-A levels, AAA including Chemistry and one other lab-based science, preferably Biology. AS-level Biology at grade A required if not taken to A-level. Graduates holding relevant science A-levels at BBB plus 2:1 or above will be considered.

well done on your amazing results! With those grades in science and maths you will definitely succeed :smile: x

Thank you very much. I appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest