The Student Room Group

Who will win the Premier League this season?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End
Still have a chance? If not? There's 110+ points still up for grabs? ffs

Theoretically Chelsea is really able to get 110 points by winning the rest matches of this season. But I don't think that will happen. I give Chelsea credits to get 80 up to 90 points in this season, if everything goes well.
Original post by buddy98
they are more likely to be relegated then win the title:biggrin::colone:

A man can dream :moon:
We love you Sunderland, we do
OH SUNDERLND WE LOVE YOU!!!
Original post by sr90
A man can dream :moon:

Being realistically, dreams come true so rarely. Liverpool winning the Premier League is one of these dreams.
Original post by Kallisto
Being realistically, dreams come true so rarely. Liverpool winning the Premier League is one of these dreams.

That would be a nightmare. I'm on about them getting relegated.
Original post by sr90
That would be a nightmare. I'm on about them getting relegated.

Oh, if that is the case, I am so sorry for misunderstanding. I thought that you are a fan of Liverpool, as your statement tends so. Getting relegated seems to be impossible as well.
Reply 46
Are people serious when they say United lol, their squad is nowhere near the level of chelsea, city or probably even arsenal. Doesn't help that they've got a clown of a manager who can't even get his team to score goals despite spending quarter of a billion pounds and having by far the easiest beginning run of fixtures of any of the top sides.
Man United can't seem to score goals. Arsenal lack a cutting edge and the ability to kill games off. Chelsea will give Man City a good run, but unless Mourinho rediscovers how to organise his defence, it looks like Kompany will be lifting the trophy once again.

Man City seem to like winning in alternating years!
If this was a twitter poll, Arsenal would be winning.
Reply 49
City have never lost an ability to beat the big teams. It's when they travel to the likes of St. Mary's and the Stadium of Light that we'll see their real title credentials. They do look unstoppable right now, though. It must be said.
LOL at everyone saying Arsenal. Surely cant be serious.
Original post by Mackay
City have never lost an ability to beat the big teams. It's when they travel to the likes of St. Mary's and the Stadium of Light that we'll see their real title credentials. They do look unstoppable right now, though. It must be said.

I'd worry about their midfield depth. The way Toure and Fernandinho have been this season, they're on for about 20 yellow cards each this season. Fernando and Deplh are their back-up options.

Kompany does look good again though.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Take your pick!

manchester united
Original post by Ibrahimbasar
LOL at everyone saying Arsenal. Surely cant be serious.

It seems that the wish was father to the tought. Another reason could be that Arsenal fans are very optimistically.
Reply 54
I'd worry about their midfield depth. The way Toure and Fernandinho have been this season, they're on for about 20 yellow cards each this season. Fernando and Deplh are their back-up options.

Them signing Delph for the quota still makes me laugh.

I do agree, but I think the same about your midfield to an extent. Matic has been exposed recently, and he's nowhere near as infallible as everyone was making out last year. He's stretched all over the field because of Cesc's lack of discipline.
Original post by Mackay
Them signing Delph for the quota still makes me laugh.

I do agree, but I think the same about your midfield to an extent. Matic has been exposed recently, and he's nowhere near as infallible as everyone was making out last year. He's stretched all over the field because of Cesc's lack of discipline.

Yeah but Pogba doe :wink:

In all seriousness we have Zouma, if not played at CB, who can do the defensive stuff Matic does very well, if a bit too forcefully at times, whilst Fabregas does the attacking stuff. Matic is so good though he's basically two kinds of midfielders roled into one. Can't think of many DM's over the years who, when on top top form, do what he does when he's at his best. He's been poor this season (who hasn't for us?) but he pocketed Yaya in his first game back for us and hit the bar from 30 yards.
Reply 56
Yeah but Pogba doe :wink:

In all seriousness we have Zouma, if not played at CB, who can do the defensive stuff Matic does very well, if a bit too forcefully at times, whilst Fabregas does the attacking stuff. Matic is so good though he's basically two kinds of midfielders roled into one. Can't think of many DM's over the years who, when on top top form, do what he does when he's at his best. He's been poor this season (who hasn't for us?) but he pocketed Yaya in his first game back for us and hit the bar from 30 yards.

Reckon Stones will happen this summer?
AFC Bournemouth!
Reply 58
Hello, I have written a new blog post:

Eunan O’Kane: Who is Bournemouth’s midfield man?
https://smashedtopbins.wordpress.com...-midfield-man/

Would be great if you took a few minutes out to read it!

Thanks

Is Fernando and Delph any worse than Zouma, Ramires and Mikel?

Quick Reply

Latest