The Student Room Group

should i work whilst completing a degree in Adult Nursing?

Hi there!I was wondering if someone could help me please!?I am about to start a degree in adult nursing at Kingston University.My University hours are Monday to Friday 9-5 (different hours when on placement)I am considering working on a saturday, however, i am a tad worried this may negatively impact my studies.has anyone done the adult nursing degree at Kingston University before? if yes, did you also work? if yes, how did you find it?Any advice will be hugely appreciated!(p.s. i am currently waiting to hear back from bursary and maintenance loan people, therefore may not get any financial help for the first 6 weeks of University)
Reply 1
Hi
So my sister in law is going into her third year (im starting adult nursing this september) and she worked up until she started placement as it was too much to balance placement, study and work. She just saved alot during those first few months and also worked through the summer.

I've worked all this summer to save aswell. Don't forget some of your placements will include weekends/nights. If you decide to work you may want to get work through the uni as you can chose the hours to suit you and change them depending on placement :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks so much for your reply!

i think i'll do that too and see how it goes :biggrin:

thanks again, and good luck for your nursing degree :biggrin:
Consider joining the local trust as a bank health care assistant. Then you can pick your hours rather than it being stuck to one day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending