The Student Room Group

I got 13 A*s AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by themuzbo
I am over the moon with the grades I've gotten anyway xD But just to warn you, you gotta keep working even hard at A level to maintain those high grades, I know people who've gotten an array of A*s at GCSE and gotten Ds and Es at AS.

Basically, don't get complacent!

Ifeel like thats going to happen to me. I know quite a lot of people like that who got d and es at a level. I know that i got to continue this hardwork! Thanks for yout advice :smile: glad youre happy with your results
Congrats! Did you get any gifts from your family?
Original post by Londoner.
Congrats! Did you get any gifts from your family?

Thanks man! :smile: My parents are Asian, so they really think that getting good grades doesn't mean you get gifts, knowledge and qualifications are gifts themselves haha :biggrin:
Original post by student_1999
Thanks man! :smile: My parents are Asian, so they really think that getting good grades doesn't mean you get gifts, knowledge and qualifications are gifts themselves haha :biggrin:

Loool same here! I never get anything phaha. South Asian or East Asian?
well done! I'm doing my gcse next year and find it quite hard to revise; i would open the textbook and get bored the same second :lol:
Original post by Londoner.
Loool same here! I never get anything phaha. South Asian or East Asian?

East Asian haha you?
Original post by goldenusername
well done! I'm doing my gcse next year and find it quite hard to revise; i would open the textbook and get bored the same second :lol:

Thanks! It's really about somehow finding the motivation to do work. What I suggest is to make your revision more engaging by designing posters and everything. If you still get bored easily, I suggest watching videos about your subject and use youtube. There's a lot of videos on different subjects, which are very helpful.

A final advice is that you'll probably regret not revising in the future. You'll have hours to play games, sleep etc but you'll only have once chance to succeed. Seize the opportunity and work hard. Good luck :smile:
Hey guys!

I'm not trying to brag or anything but I (somehow) managed to get 13 A*s for my GCSEs. As well as an awkward A haha. Soooo ask me anything and I'll reply :smile:

EDIT: This thread is really about me answering revision/gcses questions and sharing my knowledge, so I can help other people. Not trying to be arrogant, just passing on any tips!

Congratulations! :biggrin: This has definitely motivated me to work harder for my GCSEs as I'm going into year 11 this September! Any tips on balancing the load for each subject? I know there's going to be SO MUCH to revise!:redface:
Original post by algebrax1
Congratulations! :biggrin: This has definitely motivated me to work harder for my GCSEs as I'm going into year 11 this September! Any tips on balancing the load for each subject? I know there's going to be SO MUCH to revise!:redface:

I totally understand how overwhelmed you feel. I'm not going to lie, year 11 is going to fly past you. Before you know it, you'll have 20 exams. My advice is to START EARLY. I started at about January. This way you'll have time to cover everything at least three times. A revision timetable helps massively. Also to reduce the time revising, I would definitely use the SPECIFICATION of your exam, so you won't waste time revising things that you won't even get tested on! Remember don't cram, actually UNDERSTAND the information.

Good luck and most of all year 11 is all about personal development. You would learn what revision techniques work for you and don't. Just work hard and play hard! :smile:
I totally understand how overwhelmed you feel. I'm not going to lie, year 11 is going to fly past you. Before you know it, you'll have 20 exams. My advice is to START EARLY. I started at about January. This way you'll have time to cover everything at least three times. A revision timetable helps massively. Also to reduce the time revising, I would definitely use the SPECIFICATION of your exam, so you won't waste time revising things that you won't even get tested on! Remember don't cram, actually UNDERSTAND the information.

Good luck and most of all year 11 is all about personal development. You would learn what revision techniques work for you and don't. Just work hard and play hard! :smile:

Yes definitely! Thank you so much :smile: which GCSE did you personally feel was the hardest to study for and why? Do you have any tips for managing stress since there's going to be so much pressure!:redface:
Original post by algebrax1
Yes definitely! Thank you so much :smile: which GCSE did you personally feel was the hardest to study for and why? Do you have any tips for managing stress since there's going to be so much pressure!:redface:

You're welcome, glad I helped somehow! :biggrin: I thought Maths was the hardest to study for. I use to get really low in Maths, and would cry over how I didn't a single thing. This was such a struggle because I didn't know how to revise Maths and where to even start. The trick with Maths is to start with the basics, like expanding brackets then moving on to trickier things like simultaneous equations. I think practising a bit everyday really helps!

My method of managing stress was that after a two hour revision session, I would go to my bed and just take a break! Try to look at the bigger picture, don't be a zombie. You are working hard and revising because you want to succeed, and you know that the stress would be worth it at the end. :smile:
My A was in French haha well done on your results! :smile:

My A was in German - languages are our downfall! And well done on your results too- you must be so proud :biggrin:
Original post by elena2710
My A was in German - languages are our downfall! And well done on your results too- you must be so proud :biggrin:

Thanks haha! :biggrin:
Yeah sure! :smile:

Can I too ?
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Can I too ?

Yep :tongue:
Reply 95
Ifeel like thats going to happen to me. I know quite a lot of people like that who got d and es at a level. I know that i got to continue this hardwork! Thanks for yout advice :smile: glad youre happy with your results

I felt the same way too but keep a good work ethic right from the start and you'll be good to go! Good luck!
Original post by themuzbo
I felt the same way too but keep a good work ethic right from the start and you'll be good to go! Good luck!

You tooo!! :biggrin:
Reply 97
No I went to a state school :smile:

What kind of a state school lets u do 14 GCSEs!?!? We could only do 11 MAXIMUM :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys!

I'm not trying to brag or anything but I (somehow) managed to get 13 A*s for my GCSEs. As well as an awkward A haha. Soooo ask me anything and I'll reply :smile:

EDIT: This thread is really about me answering revision/gcses questions and sharing my knowledge, so I can help other people. Not trying to be arrogant, just passing on any tips!

Congratulations!!
Forget all those who think you are lying; it's clear you don't want to brag and you actually want to help people study :smile:
Good luck for you A Levels (or whatever you go on to do):smile:
Original post by VannR
Yeah, can't get much more STEMM than Computer Science!

Good luck with the A-Levels, man.

Lol soft stem subject mate

Quick Reply

Latest