The Student Room Group

Met the conditions of my offer, what now?

Hi all,

I got my gcse result yesterday, meeting the condition of my offer, and now I have no clue what happens next!
I'll call the uni on monday about coursey stuff, I guess I'm just a little surprised at the lack of communication about the start of my course!

Also... Should I get a student bank account? Some fancy highlighters? I am so unprepared!
Reply 1
Original post by Kitters
Hi all,

I got my gcse result yesterday, meeting the condition of my offer, and now I have no clue what happens next!
I'll call the uni on monday about coursey stuff, I guess I'm just a little surprised at the lack of communication about the start of my course!

Also... Should I get a student bank account? Some fancy highlighters? I am so unprepared!

What about your A levels ?
Reply 2
Original post by Racoon
What about your A levels ?

I already have an access to HE qualification :yy:
Reply 3
Have you sent them your access results? If you have they should update ucas at some point & make your offer unconditional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lovali
Have you sent them your access results? If you have they should update ucas at some point & make your offer unconditional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They've seen everything, I took my results paper to the uni on results day and they saw my access qual at interview, and my place was confirned via ucas. They need to see my DBS certificate and I'm in email contact regarding that, they've just npt goven me any information about enrolling, tinetable, placement uniform... Nothing! Sligjtly anxiois, haha.
Reply 5
Give them a call. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by lovali
Give them a call. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I shall, thanks! Would you reccomend getting a student bank account?
Original post by Kitters
I shall, thanks! Would you reccomend getting a student bank account?

I would, especially one that offers an overdraft.
Original post by Kitters
Would you reccomend getting a student bank account?

I'm swapping from my 'monthly fee with benefits current' account to a student account with NatWest. They offer an overdraft up to (note: up to, not guaranteed) £2k with no fees + a free coachcard (and no monthly account fee). For me, the benefits of the student account outweigh the benefits of my existing account, so I'm changing over. It may well work out better for you too, but you don't have to have a student account if you don't want to.

I'm a completely new customer to NatWest and I've found the application/transition process a mixed bag so far. Their customer service folks are really friendly and helpful, but the actual business processes they have in a place aren't very well joined-up. I've had comms from them that are ambiguous and the info I get about what's needed to open the account varies depending on whether it's a branch advisor, general customer service rep, or the Customer Welcome Team I'm speaking to. It really does seem like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and vice versa. So be warned if you sign up to them as a new customer!
Reply 9
Mine changed to Unconditional immediately then they send you all the bureaucratic nonsense. Registering, term dates, hall dates, paying your deposits ad nauseum and then you start :smile:. If they haven't done that get on to them etc. Also yes yes yes yes yes to the Student account that overdraft is just the most lifeline thing if ever needed. I'd go Santander £1,500 and a railcard assuming on your credit rating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending