The Student Room Group

Mum turns off the wifi what can I do....?

Basically my mum turns off the wifi when she goes crazy mode i'm not talking about at the end of the day or during the night i'm talking during the day ... HELP is there any way I can get around this or do I just suffer with no wifi....? Plus I only have like a limited amount of mobile data that I can use so that easily runs out HELP ME YOU COMPUTER NERDS!! :colone::colone:

Scroll to see replies

My mom does exactly the same what I do is download a bunch of movies/tv series and just watch them instead lelel
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My mom does exactly the same what I do is download a bunch of movies/tv series and just watch them instead lelel

Awesome that's what i'm currently doing but it's just not satisfying not having the internet on like.... :/ I'm like a 100% internet addict ! How do you downlad tv series is there any site i can download it off...?
Awesome that's what i'm currently doing but it's just not satisfying not having the internet on like.... :/ I'm like a 100% internet addict ! How do you downlad tv series is there any site i can download it off...?

It is a questionable method-the method I use to download them-so I can't just share it with you on TSR. I feel you it's incredibly annoying not having wifi. I'm 16 atm starting college soon. I'm planning to move out when I turn 18 far away so they can't control me as much. :P
Reply 4
Basically my mum turns off the wifi when she goes crazy mode i'm not talking about at the end of the day or during the night i'm talking during the day ... HELP is there any way I can get around this or do I just suffer with no wifi....? Plus I only have like a limited amount of mobile data that I can use so that easily runs out HELP ME YOU COMPUTER NERDS!! :colone::colone:

Computer nerds is offensive... lol joke. What i used to do when i was a little was id open the Wifi routers settings on my phone and my mum would go to turn it off, just before she did i would order it to reset which shuts it off for about 10 secs, she would go up to it and see its already off and so when she leaves it, it turns back on and shes gone idk if it will help you but just an idea.
:colone:
Find a game you can play offline and enjoy, if that's your thing.

Or give your eyes a rest, nap, do homework, read a book.. lots of things to do :smile:

torrents. my mom used to turn the internet off too, she doesn't anymore cos I suck that bitch in the face! jokes.
Nah I use them when the internet goes off... so Im not bored for 48 hours
I don't know how any parent could do that. I mean, if my mum were to switch the wifi off, I could just go back to the living room and put it back on.

Either way, I find these types of punishments weird.

Let me not give my mum any hints, though. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This happened to me with BT Access Controls so just changed my MAC address and ip simple when the routers on. However when off I have a rooted android phone which i have unlimited data on so the root allows me to tether with unlimited data
Sorry love. When I was about 15 my mum changed the Internet settings, by 9pm the Internet on my computer switched off. So whilst my mum was in the living room I'd creep upstairs and use her laptop. These days I was only logging onto MSN. I guess you're going to have to find other things to do. Also try to avoid whatever it is you're doing that makes her flip.
Do something productive rather than sit on the internet all day!

Original post by JordanBuckley17
This happened to me with BT Access Controls so just changed my MAC address and ip simple when the routers on. However when off I have a rooted android phone which i have unlimited data on so the root allows me to tether with unlimited data

I didn't think any network offered unlimited data anymore??
Surround it with barbed wire and guard dogs. That will stop the bitch from touching the wifi.

That sucks and it used to happen to me until I moved out. There's no way to turn it back on, but if you make your mum think you're addicted to reading or something, she might take your books away instead of the wifi. You could also try heading out to Mcdonalds or a coffee shop where there is free wifi you can connect to.
I wish my mum did that!!! So I could learn better

Posted from TSR Mobile
At boarding school they used to disable the wifi at 10pm every night.

I bought a mobile broadband dongle.

Problem = Solved.
Move to 3 network and enjoy unlimited data simple :smile:

Use steam, if you play video games. You can play games on it offline. Use a neighbors wifi , maybe if you can. There's always loopholes, good luck.
The easiest might be dongle, shop around & you can get a decent amount of allowance without spending a fortune.
A bit drastic, but my mum used to do this when I was a bit younger. I had a genius idea though - we had a spare router lying unused in the cupboard, so I set it up and tucked it behind the cupboard, taking all the cables from the main router and putting it into the secret router. The main router would be plugged in with some of the lights on so she'd think it was still running, when the router that I was getting my internet from was chugging away from behind the unit, undetected and unaffected :biggrin:
Original post by WoodyMKC
A bit drastic, but my mum used to do this when I was a bit younger. I had a genius idea though - we had a spare router lying unused in the cupboard, so I set it up and tucked it behind the cupboard, taking all the cables from the main router and putting it into the secret router. The main router would be plugged in with some of the lights on so she'd think it was still running, when the router that I was getting my internet from was chugging away from behind the unit, undetected and unaffected :biggrin:

Okay damn that is clever what kind of genius are you?

Latest

Trending

Trending