The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2016 Entry

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there were many people looking to take a gap year and resit their A2s to apply again for Medicine 2016 entry?

I had an offer from St George's this year but missed my grades so am taking a forced gap year and trying again :smile:

Would be nice to know a few others in this situation!

Scroll to see replies

Also I'm not sure if this is the right thread...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm in the exact same situation as you. I missed my offer to study medicine at Liverpool :frown:
Original post by alsha123
Hi! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm in the exact same situation as you. I missed my offer to study medicine at Liverpool :frown:

It sucks doesn't it😩😩we worked so hard for it first time round! What are your plans now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
It sucks doesn't it😩😩we worked so hard for it first time round! What are your plans now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. It kills. But I'm more than willing to give it another try and reapply to universities that consider resit applicants.I didn't have any extenuating circumstances and atm, I'm still doing some research.
Have you given any thought to what you're going to be doing for the rest of this year?
Yep. It kills. But I'm more than willing to give it another try and reapply to universities that consider resit applicants.I didn't have any extenuating circumstances and atm, I'm still doing some research.
Have you given any thought to what you're going to be doing for the rest of this year?

Ah me too, it's something I really want to do :') what grades did you get this year if you don't mind me asking?? I didn't have any either

Well not really :/ I sort of need to plan the whole personal statement thing so I should get on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hi , I got no offers because of my Bmat score but have the right grades for medicine so am taking a gap year. How much are you going to write in your ps about gap year plans ?? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sp22
Hi , I got no offers because of my Bmat score but have the right grades for medicine so am taking a gap year. How much are you going to write in your ps about gap year plans ?? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh fair enough, I think a good paragraph explaining why I need to resit and what I plan on doing in the year??
-sigh- I had a feeling I'd find myself here. I've done too much to back down now though! Got a decent enough UKCAT, work experience and a HCA job interview, not giving up now!

So the unis that will look at us without exten circumstances are: Liverpool, UEA, BSMS, Exeter, Plymouth and Lancaster. I think BSMS want minimum AABb, UEA ABB and I don't think the others have a minimum, as long as your predicted grades are okay? Not too sure yet. Where are you guys thinking? I also have no clue of what I'm supposed to write for the whole "reflecting on he need to resit" thing too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AnnekaChan173
-sigh- I had a feeling I'd find myself here. I've done too much to back down now though! Got a decent enough UKCAT, work experience and a HCA job offer, not giving up now!

So the unis that will look at us without exten circumstances are: Liverpool, UEA, BSMS, Exeter, Plymouth and Lancaster. I think BSMS want minimum AABb, UEA ABB and I don't think the others have a minimum, as long as your predicted grades are okay? Not too sure yet. Where are you guys thinking? I also have no clue of what I'm supposed to write for the whole "reflecting on he need to resit" thing too.

Hey there, how did your alevels go?? I've seen you around on other threads aha

I can't apply to BSMS or UEA, I reckon I'll only be applying to Liverpool and Lancaster which is very risky but we only need one offer right?

I know I have no idea how to reflect and write a decent personal statement this time round because I don't have a reason as to why I messed up my alevels

And I'm doing my UKCAT on Sept 14th so still planning for that

I think I'm going to give Lancaster and Liverpool my everything and then just see what happens, I'll also be applying for other courses like pharmacy and biomedical engineering with my medical personal statement but I'm more likely going to study medicine abroad if it doesn't work out this time round

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there, how did your alevels go?? I've seen you around on other threads aha

I can't apply to BSMS or UEA, I reckon I'll only be applying to Liverpool and Lancaster which is very risky but we only need one offer right?

I know I have no idea how to reflect and write a decent personal statement this time round because I don't have a reason as to why I messed up my alevels

And I'm doing my UKCAT on Sept 14th so still planning for that

I think I'm going to give Lancaster and Liverpool my everything and then just see what happens, I'll also be applying for other courses like pharmacy and biomedical engineering with my medical personal statement but I'm more likely going to study medicine abroad if it doesn't work out this time round

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen you around too haha! AAB, flopped my C4 exam, 10UMS away from A*s in Bio and Chem... Very annoying. How did it go for you? How come you can't apply to BSMS and UEA, did you apply there last year? Yeah same here with the flopping Maths >> good luck for your UKCAT! Did you do the BMAT last year?

Original post by Sp22

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im planning to write a new paragraph where I had a bit of a ****ty conclusion about my plans for the year, why I have to resit etc. Not sure how I reflect really...
I've seen you around too haha! AAB, flopped my C4 exam, 10UMS away from A*s in Bio and Chem... Very annoying. How did it go for you? How come you can't apply to BSMS and UEA, did you apply there last year? Yeah same here with the flopping Maths >> good luck for your UKCAT! Did you do the BMAT last year?

Im planning to write a new paragraph where I had a bit of a ****ty conclusion about my plans for the year, why I have to resit etc. Not sure how I reflect really...

Aha the chem thread mainly😂😂ahh I flopped C3! And chem...ironically :P oh I got BBB so a bit risky applying again but hey! And yeah that's why I can't apply there lol

Thank you :') how did you do?? yeah I did it last year and got about average so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha the chem thread mainly😂😂ahh I flopped C3! And chem...ironically :P oh I got BBB so a bit risky applying again but hey! And yeah that's why I can't apply there lol

Thank you :') how did you do?? yeah I did it last year and got about average so

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chem was a bit of a disaster hahaha. Nah, you can still apply, don't worry! I did kinda badly in C3 too but C4 sealed the deal XD
It's okay, you can still apply to the other four, I think. So Exeter and Plymouth too. I didn't do it last year and I wish I did haha! I got 687.5 Band 1 in my UKCAT, so I'm just praying my score is high enough for Exeter tbh >> So far I'm thinking BSMS, UEA, Exeter/Lancaster depending and Plymouth. I couldn't bring myself to study abroad, that's some determination!
Chem was a bit of a disaster hahaha. Nah, you can still apply, don't worry! I did kinda badly in C3 too but C4 sealed the deal XD
It's okay, you can still apply to the other four, I think. So Exeter and Plymouth too. I didn't do it last year and I wish I did haha! I got 687.5 Band 1 in my UKCAT, so I'm just praying my score is high enough for Exeter tbh >> So far I'm thinking BSMS, UEA, Exeter/Lancaster depending and Plymouth. I couldn't bring myself to study abroad, that's some determination!

It was so bad😂can't wait to see what next years papers are like!!!!

Good old maths :wink: thanks ahh guess we'll see :P I emailed Plymouth and can't apply there but Exeter should be okay too :smile:

Nice well done! I would kill for anything above 650 lol mines on Sept 14th

Ahh I just really want to do medicine!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was so bad😂can't wait to see what next years papers are like!!!!

Good old maths :wink: thanks ahh guess we'll see :P I emailed Plymouth and can't apply there but Exeter should be okay too :smile:

Nice well done! I would kill for anything above 650 lol mines on Sept 14th

Ahh I just really want to do medicine!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's alright, we'll all work together and hopefully we'll do better, maths wise! I'm tempted to resit modules from all three for A*A*A, which would give me an edge for Exeter, but idk, I feel like my UKCAT is too low ffs. Oh damn, that sucks about Plymouth! Three is alright though! I'm so unsure about Liverpool - I don't think my school will predict me an A* in maths :/

Thank you! Honestly that's all I wanted, a decent score. You'll be fine, don't worry! Are you changing your personal statement much?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Ah me too, it's something I really want to do :':wink: what grades did you get this year if you don't mind me asking?? I didn't have any either

Well not really :/ I sort of need to plan the whole personal statement thing so I should get on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Sorry for the late reply- I'm just getting used to the idea of using student room. I got AAB :P I was 5 marks off an A in chemistry :P
Same here! Do you think we need to make a lot of changes to our personal statement?
Reply 16
Hey! Sorry for the late reply- I'm just getting used to the idea of using student room. I got AAB :P I was 5 marks off an A in chemistry :P
Same here! Do you think we need to make a lot of changes to our personal statement?

Hey. I think that if last year you didn't get any interviews then I'd say write a better personal statement as it probably means you didn't appear too good on paper... But if you managed to get offers and interviews then I'd just say change it a little bit by adding a little part about your year out and what you plan on doing :smile:
Original post by nkb01
Hey. I think that if last year you didn't get any interviews then I'd say write a better personal statement as it probably means you didn't appear too good on paper... But if you managed to get offers and interviews then I'd just say change it a little bit by adding a little part about your year out and what you plan on doing :smile:

How did it go for you bye? Did you miss an offer? Welcome to the resit crew btw x

Reading the resit thread for 2015 entry is pretty inspiring btw guys. We can do this ok, Resit cru represent 😂
Reply 18
How did it go for you bye? Did you miss an offer? Welcome to the resit crew btw x

Reading the resit thread for 2015 entry is pretty inspiring btw guys. We can do this ok, Resit cru represent 😂

Ahaha- oh hell yes. WE GONNA DO THIS :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by nkb01

Thats sounds reasonable. I'll make a few changes and see how it goes from there :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending