The Student Room Group

17 during Freshers week :(

So I turn 18 literally a week after freshers, but my question is should I buy tickets for the freshers parties across different clubs? I was thinking about the Icebreakers Freshers Party (Leeds), its being held at Tiger Tiger so should I buy a ticket or would it be an absolute waste since I wouldn't be allowed inside
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How are you only turning 17??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
you're 16 and going to uni? man if you're smart enough to be going 2 years early then I'm sure you can figure something out :wink:

but it depends if they're gonna ID you then obviously nah 'cause you won't be allowed in, unless you can find a decent fake...um.. yeah..
(edited 8 years ago)
i can tell you where to get...you know...fake somethin-somethin :ninja:
Original post by TheGoldenBean
How are you only turning 17??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh sorry I meant 18 my fat fingers hit the wrong buttons all the time lol
Original post by LavenderLilac
So I turn 18 literally a week after freshers, but my question is should I buy tickets for the freshers parties across different clubs? I was thinking about the Icebreakers Freshers Party (Leeds), its being held at Tiger Tiger so should I buy a ticket or would it be an absolute waste since I wouldn't be allowed inside

Don't think they will check ID. At least for me they didn't as I think they just assume everyone is over 18. Especially if the events are on campus.
Original post by Kokoloko
you're 16 and going to uni? man if you're smart enough to be going 2 years early then I'm sure you can figure something out :wink:

but it depends if they're gonna ID you then obviously nah 'cause you won't be allowed in, unless you can find a decent fake...um.. yeah..

Im sorry I meant 18, (I turn 18 this October) I was put one class ahead because my school thought I could deal with it (stupid system) But anyway I have no idea if I should go the fake id way. I mean would you know if they always check id's on freshers night in clubs?
Original post by Man.bear.pig
i can tell you where to get...you know...fake somethin-somethin :ninja:

Haha I am seriously considering your offer (never thought I would go the fake id way):tongue:
Reply 8

Oh, mate. Just take tickets, if the bouncers ask for ID just be really polite and try to explain it away. They're human too, and they appreciate civility more than you'd expect.
No one checked my id in freshers as they assume everyone is 18 anyway, so you could look at finding id for that week just in case but I doubt you'll need it tbh
Original post by jape
Oh, mate. Just take tickets, if the bouncers ask for ID just be really polite and try to explain it away. They're human too, and they appreciate civility more than you'd expect.

That seems like a decent idea, I think I'll just do that thanks :smile:
Original post by mizzsnazzter
No one checked my id in freshers as they assume everyone is 18 anyway, so you could look at finding id for that week just in case but I doubt you'll need it tbh

I hope I don't, I'd hate to be kicked out the first time I ever try to enter a club lol
Reply 12
That seems like a decent idea, I think I'll just do that thanks :smile:

No problem, glad I could help. Got into a cocktail bar in Soho on an expired passport about a month ago, bouncer was the nicest guy ever.
I'll say better be safe than sorry. But if you're only planning on attending one event that might require an ID, then I would just take a risk and see if you can get in without (make sure you look 18+). Also, I recommend getting tickets once you get there and meet your flatmates because you might end up deciding to do different things, you wouldn't want to invest in tickets to 3 different events, only to end up going to 1.
Reply 14

Original post by aliman65
Don't think they will check ID. At least for me they didn't as I think they just assume everyone is over 18. Especially if the events are on campus.

Don't listen to anyone saying you won't need ID, they're 100% wrong. I've been a student at Leeds since 2012 and every club I have been to, which is every club in leeds has bouncers checking ID, and they're all mostly pricks... Especially at Tiger Tiger, they even have some god damn ID machine checking thing there..
You'll be fine getting into small pubs just get a friend to get your drink.
Bigger pubs and bars will need you to show ID.
Best bet would be to somehow get a fake ID if you can.
Im sorry I meant 18, (I turn 18 this October) I was put one class ahead because my school thought I could deal with it (stupid system) But anyway I have no idea if I should go the fake id way. I mean would you know if they always check id's on freshers night in clubs?

ohh alright yeah i have friends who will be in your situation, sucks for you guys(; anyhow if you can get ahold of a solid fake ID then it's your best bet, especially if you look old enough. even then, i have a mate with a fake ID saying she's 24...it works hahah
i can't say if they would or not

At my university, they still check your ID even if you have a wristband on for the events. Some of the bigger venues have an ID checker as well which can tell if your ID is fake.
Original post by 0range
Don't listen to anyone saying you won't need ID, they're 100% wrong. I've been a student at Leeds since 2012 and every club I have been to, which is every club in leeds has bouncers checking ID, and they're all mostly pricks... Especially at Tiger Tiger, they even have some god damn ID machine checking thing there..
You'll be fine getting into small pubs just get a friend to get your drink.
Bigger pubs and bars will need you to show ID.
Best bet would be to somehow get a fake ID if you can.

Never been to Leeds though. Was just speaking from experience from my own university.
Sorry but don't know where you lot are living cos it's not like that round here. Im at uni in nottingham and you get your ID checked everywhere, even at the SU and especially at freshers. You wouldn't be able to explain to the bouncer at all because they won't care. Also, some clubs round here have those machines that scan your ID to check it is real. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you have much of a chance if you have nothing. What uni are you going to?
Original post by Jenx301
Sorry but don't know where you lot are living cos it's not like that round here. Im at uni in nottingham and you get your ID checked everywhere, even at the SU and especially at freshers. You wouldn't be able to explain to the bouncer at all because they won't care. Also, some clubs round here have those machines that scan your ID to check it is real. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you have much of a chance if you have nothing. What uni are you going to?

Im at University of Leeds, besides I reckon I won't be going anymore, I'd hate to get chucked out
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending