The Student Room Group

Geoscience & Geology 2016

Scroll to see replies

I can't seem to find a list of people's offers for Earth Science 2016, does one exist?
(edited 8 years ago)
If you have would you mind posting them here, using this format?
University
Course
Offer

Original post by Lemonpopsicle2
If you have would you mind posting them here, using this format?
University
Course
Offer

I applied for geology and related courses last year, my offers were:

University of Liverpool
BSc Geology and Physical Geography
ABB

Keele University
BSc Geology (major) with Physical Geography (minor)
BBB/ABC with B in Geography A Level

I also applied to these, they are less relevant but I'll mention them anyway:

University of Portsmouth
BSc Geological Hazards
280 UCAS points with 180 points from Geology and Geography A Level

Coventry University
BSc Geography and Natural Hazards
BBB (this was later changed to unconditional but I'd already declined it)

I'm currently on a gap year (I decided I wasn't ready for uni yet and changed my mind about my firm choice), and I am planning to apply again this year to the University of Hull for their BSc Geology or BSc Geology with Physical Geography course.

I hope this was useful :smile:
I can't seem to find a list of people's offers for Earth Science 2016, does one exist?

I dont think so
List the following;
A-Level Predictions/Grades and subjects:
AS Level Grades and subjects:
GCSE Grades:
Applied to:

And offers...
A-Level Predictions: A*A*A*A*A*A in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Further Mathematics, Geography, Additional Further Mathematics
AS Level Grades: AAAAA
GCSE Grades: 10A* 1A
Applied to: Oxford, Imperial, Exeter, UCL, Bristol

Offers: Unconditional from Bristol
University of Bristol
Geology
Unconditional
A-Level Predictions: A*A*AAAA in Physics, Sociology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Economics, General Paper
GCSE Grades: 6A*s 6As 1B
Applied to: Oxford, Imperial, Durham, UCL, Manchester

It does, TSR has a section called UniversityConnect where you can add the details of your application in a centralised place.
(edited 8 years ago)
A-Levels predicted: A*A*A*A in Maths, further maths,chemistry,geography (A in all at AS)

Gcse: 9A* 2A 1B

Applied: Ox, imperial, Durham, bristol, Manchester :smile:
Wow, so many Oxford applicants this year!
There seems to be very few people on tsr doing geology , shame in some ways, but kinda cool!
Wow, just saw this thread Lemonpopsicle. We need more Geologists, we seem to be so few on the ground.
Like I said in that thread on the bham forum I got an offer from Royal Holloway for ABB, but I know of two other people getting Geology offers;
one person in my school has 2 offers so far, for bristol and leeds,
The other has an offer for Leeds.
Keep in mind that both these people are oxbridge applicants and applied in early September. However, one of them told me today that even though he applied to manchester a while ago for the Earth Sciences they haven't even acknowledged his application yet. He's also applied to bham as well, and has heard nothing.
I think Bristol, Leeds and RH are the ones who are doing the early offers this year from what I can see. With the other ones I wouldn't worry so much. My school tells us only worry if you haven't heard back by March. Liverpool acknowledged my application (as did Birmingham) but it seems like they could take a while. A friend of mine today got an offer from Liverpool from accounting, but then again that's not Geology so probably seems irrelevant.
Well done you two guys that have offers!
Original post by Shane Webb
Wow, just saw this thread Lemonpopsicle. We need more Geologists, we seem to be so few on the ground.
Like I said in that thread on the bham forum I got an offer from Royal Holloway for ABB, but I know of two other people getting Geology offers;
one person in my school has 2 offers so far, for bristol and leeds,
The other has an offer for Leeds.
Keep in mind that both these people are oxbridge applicants and applied in early September. However, one of them told me today that even though he applied to manchester a while ago for the Earth Sciences they haven't even acknowledged his application yet. He's also applied to bham as well, and has heard nothing.
I think Bristol, Leeds and RH are the ones who are doing the early offers this year from what I can see. With the other ones I wouldn't worry so much. My school tells us only worry if you haven't heard back by March. Liverpool acknowledged my application (as did Birmingham) but it seems like they could take a while. A friend of mine today got an offer from Liverpool from accounting, but then again that's not Geology so probably seems irrelevant.
Well done you two guys that have offers!

Do you know what the Leeds and Bristol offers are?
Do you know what the Leeds and Bristol offers are?

Ummm.... I think one of the Leeds offers for the Msci was A*AA, I'm pretty certain about that.
The Bristol and Leeds offers for the other person in my school, I honestly couldn't tell you. Sorry about that. I've never really looked at Bristol, do their offers vary like UCL's?
Ummm.... I think one of the Leeds offers for the Msci was A*AA, I'm pretty certain about that.
The Bristol and Leeds offers for the other person in my school, I honestly couldn't tell you. Sorry about that. I've never really looked at Bristol, do their offers vary like UCL's?

Bristol give out contextual offers depending on your school or college, but apart from that I think it's usually AAA
Got an offer just there form University of Liverpool for AAB
Very happy.
Now as long as I can get bham and Manchester, I'll be happy.
Got an offer just there form University of Liverpool for AAB
Very happy.
Now as long as I can get bham and Manchester, I'll be happy.

Liverpool's course looks great! I didn't find out about it until after I applied but their module selection looks really interesting.
I'm just finalising my personal statement and will be applying to the following:
MSci Earth Sciences at Durham
MSci Geology with year abroad at Bristol
MSci Geology with year abroad at Birmingham
MSci Geology at Leicester
MSci Geoscience with year aboard at Royal Holloway

Where are the other rock lovers?
Original post by TardigradeFan
I'm just finalising my personal statement and will be applying to the following:
MSci Earth Sciences at Durham
MSci Geology with year abroad at Bristol
MSci Geology with year abroad at Birmingham
MSci Geology at Leicester
MSci Geoscience with year aboard at Royal Holloway

Where are the other rock lovers?

Is Durham your top choice? My son is also going to be applying to uni's with a year abroad, FYI Durham don't list one but a year abroad is also possible there :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending