The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Applying for LEAP for September

Hey I'm really hoping to study Korean on the LEAP courses offered with some of my free choice credits; I'm taking English Literature and Linguistics BA and basically just left feeling a little confused by the FAQ on the ULC website..

Can I apply for one of these courses as a fresher? And if so how do I let my school know that I'm using half of my free choice credits for a language course?? I believe the course is a year long one and most of my units are taught in S1, so would anyone recommend I not take the LEAP at all? Sorry if the answers to these questions might be really obvious but I'd really appreciate any help from students who have experience with the LEAP program :smile:
I don't know a huge amount about LEAP but I think you just need to enrol now and then if given a place, inform your school. If there are any problems in terms of credits or timetabling, they'll probably come to light then.

If you apply now, you should have plenty of time to sort things out before you arrive. So you'll still be able to enrol on a different optional module if the Korean one doesn't work for whatever reason.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I don't know a huge amount about LEAP but I think you just need to enrol now and then if given a place, inform your school. If there are any problems in terms of credits or timetabling, they'll probably come to light then.

If you apply now, you should have plenty of time to sort things out before you arrive. So you'll still be able to enrol on a different optional module if the Korean one doesn't work for whatever reason.

So on the application form I check first year? How do I inform SALC??
Original post by Sunghyunah
So on the application form I check first year? How do I inform SALC??

I presume so, if that's the year you're in.

I would just email your school about it. If there's a more official way you need to notify them, they'll probably tell you.
Reply 4
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I presume so, if that's the year you're in.

I would just email your school about it. If there's a more official way you need to notify them, they'll probably tell you.

Well I start in September so I guess that's what I do :smile: Thank you ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending