The Student Room Group

Computer Stuff....

This goes to all the Engineers out there.
What software is required for the course? My friends in Sheffield are using MATLAB and AutoCAD in 1st year! Will we have to install it into our computers or will everything be done in the computer labs?

Speaking of which, will our computers be used for anything more than surfing, email, chatting and posting in UKL?

Are there any WiFi hotspots in Cambridge?

And umm.... how many of you use Macs? Would there be a problem if I brought a Mac over?

Thanks.
SHH
What software is required for the course? My friends in Sheffield are using MATLAB and AutoCAD in 1st year! Will we have to install it into our computers or will everything be done in the computer labs?

Speaking of which, will our computers be used for anything more than surfing, email, chatting and posting in UKL?

And umm.... how many of you use Macs? Would there be a problem if I brought a Mac over?

Thanks.

relatively few wifi spots due to how low security they are
less so on the macs, but as long as they are compatible with the cam system (whih 99% are) then its fine
J
Reply 2
SHH

Thanks.

You will might want your own copy of Matlab or VC++ in the third or fourth years but generally everyone just uses the software on the university or department networks in years one and two.

Latest

Trending

Trending