The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm applying for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Hey! I'm applying for computer science and management, quite nervous as I'm applying in S5
Good luck to everyone :hippie:
Open day bookings are open people!!
I'm applying for Physics :smile:
I am thinking Art History or Philosophy but not sure if my AS are good enough
Original post by LLilliputian
I'm applying for Physics :smile:

Hey, I'm applying for Physics too :redface:
Hey guys! I'm applying for medicine!
Hey guys,

International Relations- and only applying to St Andrews nowhere else!
Reply 28
Original post by Crazecatlady
Hey, I'm applying for Physics too :redface:

Me too :tongue:

Are you putting point of entry: 2 on UCAS? I'm not really clear about the extra year/if it's normal to skip it.
Original post by ombtom
Me too :tongue:

Are you putting point of entry: 2 on UCAS? I'm not really clear about the extra year/if it's normal to skip it.

I'm just applying to year 1. Personally I think it'd be better for me because of the social side? But I dunno how often people skip Year 1 and in the end it's down to whether you'd think it'd be better for you.
Reply 30
Original post by LLilliputian
I'm just applying to year 1. Personally I think it'd be better for me because of the social side? But I dunno how often people skip Year 1 and in the end it's down to whether you'd think it'd be better for you.

5 years seems a bit excessive when people get the same qualification after 4 years elsewhere. I saw something that said you can skip it with good A-levels, :s-smilie:
Applying for English as well as Comparative Literature and Classical Studies for 2016 entry.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ombtom
5 years seems a bit excessive when people get the same qualification after 4 years elsewhere. I saw something that said you can skip it with good A-levels, :s-smilie:

Quite a lot of people go straight to the 2nd year of the MPhys so it's not unusual.

The reason that the standard programme is 5 years is because Scottish students can come in purely based on their Highers which are a slightly lower qualification than A-Levels (and taken a year earlier than A-Levels), so the extra year is there to cover stuff that theoretically people with A-Levels have already done.
desperately hoping for an offer for IR, love the course and uni
Medicine :smile: Not sure whether I should put England or Scotland for years 4-6... Also thinking I need to get working on golf XD
Original post by Docjones1
Medicine :smile: Not sure whether I should put England or Scotland for years 4-6... Also thinking I need to get working on golf XD

I'm struggling to decide to!
Original post by kdizzle97
I'm struggling to decide to!

QMUL/Barts and Manchester are two of my four choices so I'd like to go there but there are plenty of good ones in scotland as well :/
Is anyone going to the open day on the 28th of October?
Applying for English and Modern History joint honours MA.:smile:
I achieved 5As in my highers, am taking History and English up to Advanced Higher level - as well as Biology, and I am incredibly passionate about the subjects - so I'm hoping for an offer. :biggrin:
St Andrews just seems like the perfect place for me as I'm not a huge party person - and I love the architecture of the historical buildings in the town. Good luck to everyone else applying! :h:
Original post by careyboyle
Is anyone going to the open day on the 28th of October?

I will be :biggrin: see you around :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending