The Student Room Group

RAF application times

Hi all, i applied for the role of Mover over a week ago now, or close to 2 weeks, i called up a few days ago saying they havent received my applicaton yet and they said it takes a few weeks to get back to me tp get the ball rolling, do i wait or apply again?

On the appliaction form it said fill out 3 roles I'd like to do or something and the day after sending the form it said your application for police was unsuccessful.. so is that saying one of my options is unavailable or has it lost my app form?! Shall i just wait patiently for a few more weeks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Goldcrest
Hi all, i applied for the role of Mover over a week ago now, or close to 2 weeks, i called up a few days ago saying they havent received my applicaton yet and they said it takes a few weeks to get back to me tp get the ball rolling, do i wait or apply again?

On the appliaction form it said fill out 3 roles I'd like to do or something and the day after sending the form it said your application for police was unsuccessful.. so is that saying one of my options is unavailable or has it lost my app form?! Shall i just wait patiently for a few more weeks?

It takes weeks for every stage of the process, it tooks me 13 months from sending my online application to day one of training though its generally quicker for most applicants. I don't understand exactly what has happened with the second part of your post, if you ring the RAF careers line and explain fully to them, they will be able to advise you whether it's been sent in succesfully and being processed.

However, you definitely need to be patient for every step there are a very large number of applicants to sort through the selection process. Just use that time to ensure you know what you need to for your interview and to be a lot fitter than you are now.

AT
Reply 2
So it deffo didn't get lost on the way to them lol! Just they said 10 days, if thats the case i will sit tight and wait, thank you kindly for the info pal
Original post by AlphaTango
It takes weeks for every stage of the process, it tooks me 13 months from sending my online application to day one of training though its generally quicker for most applicants. I don't understand exactly what has happened with the second part of your post, if you ring the RAF careers line and explain fully to them, they will be able to advise you whether it's been sent in succesfully and being processed.

However, you definitely need to be patient for every step there are a very large number of applicants to sort through the selection process. Just use that time to ensure you know what you need to for your interview and to be a lot fitter than you are now.

AT

I thought my 9 months was long enough! Some ICT Techs on my PRTC applied only 2-3 months prior, and they were starting their basic in 4 weeks from the PRTC!

I'd be really interested to hear the success %age of applicants, from actually applying to getting to basic training. I wonder how many fail/drop out.

Original post by Goldcrest
So it deffo didn't get lost on the way to them lol! Just they said 10 days, if thats the case i will sit tight and wait, thank you kindly for the info pal

By 10 days they'll mean 10 working days, excluding bank holidays. And from my experience, whenever they said "within x days" it was always the latest possible dy that I received any info.
Reply 4
From what I went through, it was roughly 5 weeks after submitting my application that I got an invite to sit the AST (application submitted end of September 2014), then about two weeks after that I had my interview.... then things went slow! I had my medical end of January 2015, the doc there said my bh was high I needed a 24hr BP monitor.... blah blah for months! Then finally got the all clear from Crapita beginning of May. Did my PJFT a week or so after that, and now I have my PRTC in September with a potential start date of December 2015.
That's what it can take, i'm applying for flights ops btw!
It can be frustrating when you see people who have only applied a month or so ago and they're off to prtc already.... but he ho getting there!
Good luck btw
Reply 5
thank you for the info and the kind replies! aye I hope all goes well, best of luck to you all too :smile:
So far I'm about 4 months in and just about to (hopefully) get my medical passed (2nd appointment soon). After that I hope it will be quick as going for a pinch trade (going for ICT Tech), but who knows. Maybe call and tell them the story like AT suggested (if you hear nothing in the 10 working days period)! Anyway good luck with it!
My application has gone as follows:
10/04/15 - Applied for Weapons Technician
20/04/15 - Aptitude test - passed.
13/05/15 - Interview - passed.
20/05/15 - Medical - temporarily medically unfit.
18/08/15 - Medical - passed.
19/08/15 - PJFT - passed.
Now waiting for Halton dates.
Reply 8
Original post by BenCampbell
My application has gone as follows:
10/04/15 - Applied for Weapons Technician
20/04/15 - Aptitude test - passed.
13/05/15 - Interview - passed.
20/05/15 - Medical - temporarily medically unfit.
18/08/15 - Medical - passed.
19/08/15 - PJFT - passed.
Now waiting for Halton dates.

That was fast considering you were TMU!?
Is WeaponsTech a pinch point?

How long did it take everyone between interview and medical?
I've been waiting 12 days, just want to get this stage over with!
Reply 9
Original post by rhysowen

How long did it take everyone between interview and medical?
I've been waiting 12 days, just want to get this stage over with!

I had my interview end of october then had my medical end of january! I think it just depends on how busy crapita are in your area.
Original post by cypskat
I had my interview end of october then had my medical end of january! I think it just depends on how busy crapita are in your area.

Thanks Cpyskat,

I know everyone gets the mixture of excitement/impatience/anxiety and that we all find something to worry about!
Original post by rhysowen
That was fast considering you were TMU!?
Is WeaponsTech a pinch point?

The doctor heard a heart murmur so I had to get tests done at a private hospital.
Don't know if it's a pinch point.
Just got my dates.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Not supposed to post specific dates
Really? I have seen loads of threads where people ask who else is going on the same date as them?
Reply 15
yeah I know people have, but apparently the raft do watch some of these forums and basically warm against putting specific dates on because of safety. I've heard that at the beginning of RTS you get a whole 'lecture' on social media security etc.

Great that you've heard though! ;-)
I heard the same as cypskat, no specific dates, (the month may be fine). Good news about getting your dates though.
Persec is a serious thing. Especially if you've decided to get a username that even slightly resembles your real name.

I know staff on IOT look at various forums, and we've heard on here enough about Halton staff also looking, indeed, some have been active members in the past.

It's wise to take it seriously from early on. Like it or not, in the post-Rigby world you have to acknowledge the fact that you are a potential target. Why make it easy?
Yeah I get it I have edited the post.
Original post by Drewski
Persec is a serious thing. Especially if you've decided to get a username that even slightly resembles your real name.

I know staff on IOT look at various forums, and we've heard on here enough about Halton staff also looking, indeed, some have been active members in the past.

It's wise to take it seriously from early on. Like it or not, in the post-Rigby world you have to acknowledge the fact that you are a potential target. Why make it easy?

Is it that serious as in I could get kicked out? If it is then can we all delete our posts please :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest