The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Blu-tac, hooks, posters on walls?

Hi, this may have been discussed already but I'm struggling to find it. People who have lived in the Endcliffe acommodation, what are the rules and regulations involving blu/white tac on the walls, command hooks, normal hooks etc? If these arent allowed, does anyone have any suggestions of how to put up posters/pretty things?

Also, what colour are the walls and carpet typically? Not sure if the 360 degree tour is completely accurate, if it is then thats fine I'll just look there.
The rule is pretty much as long as it doesn't leave a mark you'll be fine, so white tac is usually a safe bet for posters.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
They say not to put blu tac and posters on the wall but so many people do. In fact, if I remember correctly, the room on the 360 tour on their website has posters on the wall anyway. I used white tac and it was fine.
As long as it doesn't leave a really noticeable mark there'll be no problem. Even if there is a mark the cost to fix it will just be taken out of your deposit at the end of the year.

The rooms are either red, yellow, blue or green. The ones on the website should show everything pretty well. Pray you don't get green, it's the worst one. I was so sick of it after living in green for a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending