The Student Room Group

Oxford chemistry

I finished my AS and A2 in 9 months and got my results 2 weeks back. They are not the best results out there (A* in Maths, A* in chemistry, A in F.Maths and B in Biology).
I will be doing biochemistry at KCL starting this September but I am seriously considering re-applying this year to Oxford for chemistry but still have a little bit of doubt as I got a B in biology.
Is this a good idea?

Any suggestion?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Studentsdsd
I finished my AS and A2 in 9 months and got my results 2 weeks back. They are not the best results out there (A* in Maths, A* in chemistry, A in F.Maths and B in Biology).
I will be doing biochemistry at KCL starting this September but I am seriously considering re-applying this year to Oxford for chemistry but still have a little bit of doubt as I got a B in biology.
Is this a good idea?

Any suggestion?

Do you not want to do biochemistry anymore? If you want to just reapply for chemistry only at Oxford I think it's risky as you'd be on the low end of the grade spectrum and the course is getting more competitive every year.
Reply 2
Original post by Studentsdsd
x

You already have A*A*A in probably the three most useful subjects for Oxford chemistry, so the B should not be a major concern. Biology is of very limited use at Oxford, any way. I don't think you need to worry at all about your A level grades but do think about your motivations for reapplying and how happy you would be to take a year out for potentially no benefit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending