The Student Room Group

Don't want to leave my work placement :(

Hi,

I recently took a year out of university to undertake a work placement at a large organisation.At the beginning, I screwed up to a point where my career was on the line. At that time, I felt like **** and really wanted to quit and go back to uni. However, as time passed I was moved to a different section and was doing a different task.

Although admittedly it was something new to me and something that I did not enjoy too much - it was not stressful. I felt more welcomed, and the people on that project were more open and honest. I also learnt more about myself and people around me and it changed my outlook in life.

Where I felt like quitting like 7 months ago, now I don't want to go back to uni! I know for now they will not employ me - but that doesn't stop me from reapplying elsewhere.

Anyways, the point is, I just don't want to leave - but I have no choice but to leave. People in the department all have degrees at master level and above and they strongly advised me to get some qualifications at this young age.Is it normal for me to feel like that? What advice could you give me?Also, what is good to do when you leave?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending