The Student Room Group

GCSEs and medicine

Hi can anyone tell me whether my GCSEs are good enough to study medicine and where I would have a chance of being accepted?

I got 1A*, 4A, 2B, 2C and a distinction*

I got AA in double award science, A in English language and a B in maths.
I'm hoping to get AAA at A-level in Chemistry, Biology and RE
Reply 1
Original post by Cmghat
Hi can anyone tell me whether my GCSEs are good enough to study medicine and where I would have a chance of being accepted?

If I am honest no they arent good enough for medicine but there are lots of other options for you in science
Original post by Cmghat

Don't listen to the first guy your grades are fine for medicine. Just a little on the low side. So you would have to avoid GCSE heavy unis. If you get a really good UKCAT then you have a very good chance but if you don't it's unlikely you will get in. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cmghat

They're fine but you'll need to avoid GCSE-heavy Med Schools like Oxford, Cardiff etc.
Reply 4
Pursue medicine if you are prepared to try really hard at AS and the UKCAT, else look at other options :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Don't listen to the first guy your grades are fine for medicine. Just a little on the low side. So you would have to avoid GCSE heavy unis. If you get a really good UKCAT then you have a very good chance but if you don't it's unlikely you will get in. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, can you suggest any unis that aren't GCSE heavy?
Original post by Cmghat
Thank you, can you suggest any unis that aren't GCSE heavy?

exeter plymouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending