The Student Room Group

IBM Futures Gap Year 2016

Hi,

I'm just now applying to the IBM Futures gap year scheme for 2016. Who else has applied, and how have you found the application process? Have you applied to any other gap year schemes?

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I applied for the technical role, i got through to the AC, i haven't got a date yet. you? how's your application going?
Reply 2
Hey,
I've applied for the business placement and got through to the AC, mine's on the 1st December :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Radicals
Hey,
I've applied for the business placement and got through to the AC, mine's on the 1st December :smile:

hope it goes well for you! can i ask where you did the test thought? because i got an email yesterday saying that i need to take the test, but it doesn't give a link and on "my assessments" on the site, it said there weren't any assessments to take :/
Reply 4
Original post by wranga
hope it goes well for you! can i ask where you did the test thought? because i got an email yesterday saying that i need to take the test, but it doesn't give a link and on "my assessments" on the site, it said there weren't any assessments to take :/

So the first email i got from them said you got through the application stage and that the next stage was the online test. This was followed with another email a few days later that gives all the details on how to access the online test. Good luck!
Reply 5
So the first email i got from them said you got through the application stage and that the next stage was the online test. This was followed with another email a few days later that gives all the details on how to access the online test. Good luck!

Ah okay I see.. Thank you! :smile:
Have you received a confirmation email from IBm yet for the assessment centre? because I replied to say I could attend 2 weeks ago but haven't had a reply yet
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Got a job offer!
Hi guys, I am a current gap year at IBM in London, if you have any questions let me know.
Reply 9
Original post by KatieBee18
Got a job offer!

Congratulations! That's amazing! Where will you be based? :smile:

I got told I was through to the matching process on the 3rd December, no emails since then :frown:

How long did they take to email you back with an offer?

Thanks!
Reply 10
Hi Ross,
I'm applying to the IBM Futures Scheme and have got do the online IPAT test. Are there any pointers/tips that you could give me in preparation for it? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Original post by rossvance20
Hi guys, I am a current gap year at IBM in London, if you have any questions let me know.
Yes there is indeed an IPAT test online. Personally I found this test pretty hard. In order to revise I suggest general word problems including mental maths and also knowing sequences I.e. Knowing what number comes next in a sequence, really easy e.g. 2, 4, 6, ?
You are not expected to get 100% in this test there is some room to make a few errors. Remember this test is timed as well so make sure you don't not run over.

Lastly you do not have to be some sort of maths genius to do this. Just revise what I have said and it should be ok
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12

Hey!

How long did they take to reply to you with an offer after the email about the matching process?

Thanks
Reply 13
Congratulations! That's amazing! Where will you be based? :smile:

I got told I was through to the matching process on the 3rd December, no emails since then :frown:

How long did they take to email you back with an offer?

Thanks!

Hiya :smile: Based at Southbank in London. I got the email with the job offer the day after the assessment centre. I didn't have another business interview since I was offered the job we all interviewed for on the AC day. Good luck!
Reply 14
Ahh okay :')

Slightly worried now, but oh well

I didn't have my business interview during the AC but still got put into the matching process

Hmm, not sure if it's worth emailing them

Thanks though! :smile:
Hey!

How long did they take to reply to you with an offer after the email about the matching process?

Thanks

I got an offer in March 2015 and Matching was February. But this is no indication as I know people in the gap year scheme who it took days to weeks between these two processes
Reply 16
Ah right okay thanks.

Also, do you reckon it's already too late to be applying? Most people are already at the AC stage and I'm still doing the initial assessment, although they don't have a set deadline...what do you think?
Yes there is indeed an IPAT test online. Personally I found this test pretty hard. In order to revise I suggest general word problems including mental maths and also knowing sequences I.e. Knowing what number comes next in a sequence, really easy e.g. 2, 4, 6, ?
You are not expected to get 100% in this test there is some room to make a few errors. Remember this test is timed as well so make sure you don't not run over.

Lastly you do not have to be some sort of maths genius to do this. Just revise what I have said and it should be ok
Original post by Yusafk
Ah right okay thanks.

Also, do you reckon it's already too late to be applying? Most people are already at the AC stage and I'm still doing the initial assessment, although they don't have a set deadline...what do you think?

No not at all! You should definitely apply, to my knowledge the majority of those in the sheme at the moment applied after January
Ahh okay :':wink:

Slightly worried now, but oh well

I didn't have my business interview during the AC but still got put into the matching process

Hmm, not sure if it's worth emailing them

Thanks though! :smile:

I and many others had a business interview after the matching process. It is so they can put you with your prospective manager rather than doing it in the assessment centre.
Reply 19
Thank god for that! That's very helpful actually, thank you :smile: I've just done the IPAT Test and I think it went quite well. Thank you again for the advice!
No not at all! You should definitely apply, to my knowledge the majority of those in the sheme at the moment applied after January

Quick Reply