The Student Room Group

IBM Futures Gap Year 2016

Scroll to see replies

I just applied yesterday, do you guys feel I could still get placement in Southbank ? Because thats probably the only viable placement for me :/
Reply 21
I think there's quite a few people who've applied a lot later than this before and got in comfortably so should be fine :smile:
Oh okay :smile: The procedure seems so lengthy the online test these assessment centres. Quite daunting tbh its just a gap year scheme...
Original post by rossvance20
I and many others had a business interview after the matching process. It is so they can put you with your prospective manager rather than doing it in the assessment centre.

HI, I applied for an industrial placement, Leading to Africa. I was put into the matching process on the 26th of November. I haven't heard anything since. Should I email them or wait it out? Kind of getting worried :L
Original post by Theredlion
HI, I applied for an industrial placement, Leading to Africa. I was put into the matching process on the 26th of November. I haven't heard anything since. Should I email them or wait it out? Kind of getting worried :L

So If it's anything to go by, I went into the matching process early December and was matched mid-February. Everyone is different so right now I would not worry.

I would give it another month at least before emailing them if it would give you peace of mind
i've applied and i've literally just received and email to say that i'm through to the AS, does anyone have any experience of going to one? thanks
Reply 26
Hi guys, I am a current gap year at IBM in London, if you have any questions let me know.

Hey! Hope you're enjoying your internship!

I got a job offer about 2 weeks ago, and I have my business interview in a week.

How did your business interview go? If you can remember :smile: Thanks
Original post by Radicals
Hey! Hope you're enjoying your internship!

I got a job offer about 2 weeks ago, and I have my business interview in a week.

How did your business interview go? If you can remember :smile: Thanks

Hi,
Congrats on getting to the business interview!

I did my business interview by telephone with my prospective manager and it well thank you. The sort of things we spoke about included: going over my CV, academics, key achievements. They also spoke about the prospective role I was to go into and what the job would entail.

Is your interview in person or by phone? And also if you have any questions do let me know.
Reply 28
Hi,
Congrats on getting to the business interview!

I did my business interview by telephone with my prospective manager and it well thank you. The sort of things we spoke about included: going over my CV, academics, key achievements. They also spoke about the prospective role I was to go into and what the job would entail.

Is your interview in person or by phone? And also if you have any questions do let me know.

Hey, my interview is face to face.
Im assuming they asked what you know about the company, why you want the role etc, and then competencies as well?
Thanks again
Original post by Radicals
Hey, my interview is face to face.
Im assuming they asked what you know about the company, why you want the role etc, and then competencies as well?
Thanks again

They pretty much asked me what you have mentioned. However, in my interview I wasn't asked what I knew about the company. Pretty much ran through the CV.
Reply 30
Hi guys, I am a current gap year at IBM in London, if you have any questions let me know.

Hi Ross,I will have my AC next week. Can you please tell/suggest to me what to do and how to prepare. What assessments are there usually, any examples if you remember?Any tips or help would be very appreciated, Thanks.
Could someone explain me what the technical path exactly is? Their website is quite vague... and is it too late to apply?

Last question: do you have to go to the UK for interviews if you live abroad?

Thanks!
Reply 32
Yes I had to fly over from Qatar for my interview. The maximum amount that they pay back is £150 in total. Inc hotels, flights, etc
Original post by Yusafk
Yes I had to fly over from Qatar for my interview. The maximum amount that they pay back is £150 in total. Inc hotels, flights, etc

Wow **** man! Fortunately I'm just from the Netherlands haha. Do you know anything about the admission statistics? Not going there for a 5% chance...
Reply 34
Original post by AFlyingDutchman
Wow **** man! Fortunately I'm just from the Netherlands haha. Do you know anything about the admission statistics? Not going there for a 5% chance...

There's no definite percentage chance of being recruited. It's 12 people per AC so I'd say there's a 1 in 12 chance, but they don't necessarily hire someone from every AC session. It might be 3/12 one day, 0/12 the next. Hope that makes sense.
Reply 35
HI,
Has anyone on here be offered a place at Hursley? I start July 18th!
Mate how long were you in the matching process for ? I have waited like 6 weeks and no response- a bit worried. Well done on your offer btw :smile:
Reply 37
Hi, sorry to hear that you've been waiting so long! After I was told that I had been put into matching it only took about 4 days for an interview to come through and after my interview about a week till they told me I had the job! I'm sure you'll hear soon - good luck!

Hi - I am applying for the Futures Scheme for this July (2016).

I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to write the covering letter. I have completed my personal statement on the attached form they give you - is the covering letter similar to this?

Also, how long did it take for you to get a reply after you sent your application off? Did you have to start in July 2016 like the ad said?

Thank-You so much
Original post by kgrubb
Hi, sorry to hear that you've been waiting so long! After I was told that I had been put into matching it only took about 4 days for an interview to come through and after my interview about a week till they told me I had the job! I'm sure you'll hear soon - good luck!

Congrats on the job! Well done. I am going to post my application today online - but I can't believe that they are already recruiting although the deadline is not over. I am worried now - I should have applied earlier. How hard were the online tests they give you?

Quick Reply

Latest