The Student Room Group

How often did you have to stay back at school in year 11?

I'm going into year 11 this September and I was wondering how many extra periods did you have to do after school to finish coursework and do extra revision? I do English, Maths, Triple Science, PE, Graphics, Spanish, Geography and Product Design. All GCSE except PE which is a BTEC. Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kimg25
I'm going into year 11 this September and I was wondering how many extra periods did you have to do after school to finish coursework and do extra revision? I do English, Maths, Triple Science, PE, Graphics, Spanish, Geography and Product Design. All GCSE except PE which is a BTEC. Thanks in advance.

well the more you stay behind and the more you revise- the higher your grade will be- simple as that.
I only stayed behind once right at the beguining of the year and that's it and still came out with alright gardes. Just depends on your own ability and how much time and effort you want to put in because ovo if you struggle more you will want to stay behind more
Never. My school didn't really do it. Coursework was always done in class and there were rarely revision sessions.
Reply 4
Once a week for English
Reply 5
Never
Reply 6
Due to transport issues I didn't leave till near 5 most nights

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite often, but that was because i got behind in most my subjects and i also needed extra help in others.
Reply 8
I don't think I stayed back once. You can just revise at home.
If there are any study help sessions before and after school, you should go to them.

They could improve your grades.
Almost every day for about a month when the resistant materials coursework deadline was looming. Sometimes until after 5.

But that's nothing compared to art I know it's not one of your subject choices, but I often ended up staying in the art room doing book work until around 6 or 7. Not so nice in the winter because I had to go home in the dark.

As for my other subjects, I only stayed behind occasionally for short periods of time to finish coursework/talk to teachers etc. However I did also go to chemistry revision once a week, but that only lasted an hour.
Sometimes I stayed after school until 6 or so to revise (doing this when school starts again) because I knew I would mess around for 1-2 hours when I got home.
I never did, because I finished all my coursework on time and just revised at home. :smile:

Although, if you're the type of person who struggles to revise at home from lack of concentration, then I'd strongly recommend staying after school. It'll definitely help.
My school put on sessions after school for most subjects so you could choose to go to them, some I went to others I didn't. I guess it depends what you want help in and whether it actually helps you. If you stay a head with the coursework (particularly in pe btec) then you shouldn't need to stay back that much if you don't want to.
hmm dont worry about it. Just dont muck about in Coursework computer lessons.
Pretty much once a week after school for art (wanted to get ahead), did art every luchtime basically for the whole of year 11 and most of year 10. Did extra spanish at lunch :s-smilie: and went to extra maths practise after school. Did history coursework after school. Overall it was definetly worth it so if you want good grades put the effort into going to extra practise/sessions.

If you need help go to extra sessions or if you do art go because art is time consuming.

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I stayed behind after school quite a lot to catch up with ICT coursework and attend the occasional revision session. However, it was my old teacher's fault that our whole class had to catch up on ICT and if we had had a good teacher right from the start I may not have needed to stay behind at all.
Used to stay behind few times per week towards the 2nd half of year 11 - mostly for maths/art.
Also we had weekend sessions, at the end of the year I was coming in almost every weekend to do extra revision/work.

you move like a rattle snake. I will headbutt your upper lip

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest